Aston University Placement Year

Watch this thread
TheWinterSoilder
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I'm starting Business at Aston this September and have been looking at the 3rd compulsory placement year, got a few questions. Is studying considered a placement or is it only working in a company. I've seen some options for studying at different Unis and wondering if this can be part of a placement year. Also, How does the year abroad work. Do Aston have certain companies you contact or is it free range? Also do I get to choose what country I would like to go to?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheWinterSoilder)
So I'm starting Business at Aston this September and have been looking at the 3rd compulsory placement year, got a few questions. Is studying considered a placement or is it only working in a company. I've seen some options for studying at different Unis and wondering if this can be part of a placement year. Also, How does the year abroad work. Do Aston have certain companies you contact or is it free range? Also do I get to choose what country I would like to go to?
Moved to the Aston University subforum

Aston University
Mudkipzz
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Your 3rd year can be study or work (I think it might depending on your course?) You literally get to choose whatever placement you want, the careers department is quite helpful but won't get your placement for you. Personally it took me about 50 applications just to get my placement.
TheWinterSoilder
Rep:
(Original post by Mudkipzz)
Your 3rd year can be study or work (I think it might depending on your course?) You literally get to choose whatever placement you want, the careers department is quite helpful but won't get your placement for you. Personally it took me about 50 applications just to get my placement.
Do you get paid for studying or only for working?
Mudkipzz
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Only paid for working, usually salaries are between 14k-18k typically but I've seen people work for free and even some people earning 30k+ pre tax.

Studying can be good too as long as you pick a really good affiliated uniceruniv with Aston. For example TUM in Munich is the best affiliated one, really good for engineering.
TheWinterSoilder
Rep:
(Original post by Mudkipzz)
Only paid for working, usually salaries are between 14k-18k typically but I've seen people work for free and even some people earning 30k+ pre tax.

Studying can be good too as long as you pick a really good affiliated uniceruniv with Aston. For example TUM in Munich is the best affiliated one, really good for engineering.
Thanks for the reply, are you allowed to find a placement abroad if you are not studying a language
Mudkipzz
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah you can go wherever you want, I know someone that literally went travelling whilst working in tonnes of different locations for placement year. It's all up to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (269)
42.3%
The paper was reasonable (262)
41.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
9.12%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.39%

Watched Threads