Provisional license at 16

Watch
thenameisedan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hiiii,

My mom said that for my 16th birthday she wants to buy me my provisional, although I know that you cannot drive a car until you are 17. When you go to apply online, it says that since I do not receive personal independence payment, I will only be entitled to a moped provisional license. This is fine because I want to learn how to drive a moped in the meantime, but does this turn into a car provisional when I turn 17? Or would to buy another license?
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thenameisedan)
Hiiii,

My mom said that for my 16th birthday she wants to buy me my provisional, although I know that you cannot drive a car until you are 17. When you go to apply online, it says that since I do not receive personal independence payment, I will only be entitled to a moped provisional license. This is fine because I want to learn how to drive a moped in the meantime, but does this turn into a car provisional when I turn 17? Or would to buy another license?
No, the same licence will turn into a car provisional when you turn 17.

If you flip the licence over it should have the start date of your car provisional entitlement, the date should read your 17th birthday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (31)
19.14%
I'm not sure (3)
1.85%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
32.72%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.85%
I'm not a current university student (72)
44.44%

Watched Threads