The Student Room Group

UCAT (formerly UKCAT) 2021 entry discussions megathread [Part 2 of 2]

Continued from UCAT discussion thread Part 1 of 2: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6282054

[scroll]Taken the test and want to share your results? Here is the UCAT 2021 results thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6615810[/scroll]

If you are looking for the BMAT 2021 thread it's here.

Here is the UCAT 2020 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2019)
Here is the UCAT 2019 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2018)

Important: read this first https://www.ucat.ac.uk/

Dates and fees: https://www.ucat.ac.uk/ucat/dates-and-fees/

Registration opens
Booking opens
1st July 2020
Testing begins
3rd August 2020
Last registration date
17th September 2020
Last booking date
30th September 2020
Last testing date
1st October 2020
UCAS application deadline
15 October 2020

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just did medify mock 1, and omg I found it soo tiring and hard to concentrate and work fast the whole time! It went better than I thought though, here's my scoresScreenshot 2020-08-20 at 22.41.32.png
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
help my test is tomorrow and i just did an official ucat practice test and i did awful. i am very disappointed in myself. i barely got 500. is the official ucat tests representative of the real exam or not. getting really stressed.
Original post by alishacrowe
Just did medify mock 1, and omg I found it soo tiring and hard to concentrate and work fast the whole time! It went better than I thought though, here's my scoresScreenshot 2020-08-20 at 22.41.32.png

Welldone on VR and AR!! What was your technique!
Original post by FemaleBo55
Welldone on VR and AR!! What was your technique!

Thank you! VR I honestly usually read the question quick before the text as I find it easier to spot it within the text that way, or get an idea of it. Honestly though VR is so hard, I am surprised I got that! AR I am starting to notice patterns now as I have done so much practice, I don't typically use SCANS unless really struggling, but then I usually triage and move on. I tend to enjoy AR as well! I have to say though DM in that mock was SOO much harder than anything ive practiced before!
I have my UCAT test at half past one today, anyone got any advice?
Reply 6
Original post by SoonToDelete
I have my UCAT test at half past one today, anyone got any advice?

My test isn't until Monday morning, but honestly, my best advice would be to do a short warm-up on sections- particularly if there's one you're worried about- then look after yourself and try to relax until your test.
I'm so frustrated because I did an official UCAT mock and accidentally closed it whilst checking through answers...I only got halfway through VR...I don't even know my score!!! :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by pancakesbob7
I'm so frustrated because I did an official UCAT mock and accidentally closed it whilst checking through answers...I only got halfway through VR...I don't even know my score!!! :frown:

I've had this problem too- I think something about the screen re-sizing when you're done throws off the site a bit, it's very frustrating. Try not to worry, as disappointing as it is. What I've done before is speed back through the questions already done, pick the answers out as before, then just continue on.
I’m really struggling with QR timed practise on medify. I feel like I’m able to attempt the question with a method but I end up taking too long for most questions and run out of time. Sometimes both my accuracy and timing is completely off though. Any tips?
Reply 10
So I went to sit my test for the third time this week at home and yet again I am unable to take a picture of my drivers license - did anyone encounter this problem, and if so, what did you do? OnVue and Pearson could not assist at all.
Reply 11
Anyone know what are the best and most representative resources for each UCAT section? I believe medify is good for AR and DM but what about the other sections?
Hi guys,Did my ucat and got:VR: 560DM: 720QR: 780AR: 800Overall: 2860SJT: Band 2I'm really happy with this score but am worried that my VR will negatively impact my application. Any advice?
Hello everyone

on medify in QR ive been getting 800 plus but on medentry ive been get in the 600s

if medify too easy or medentry too hard?
Reply 14
Original post by Bigreshe
Hi guys,Did my ucat and got:VR: 560DM: 720QR: 780AR: 800Overall: 2860SJT: Band 2I'm really happy with this score but am worried that my VR will negatively impact my application. Any advice?

Congratulations for finishing, and for some great scores!

I think most universities use the overall score or the average to assess UCAT performance, but if you aren't sure, do check with the unis you intend to apply to :smile:
How different is medify from UCAT?
Original post by sconemd
Congratulations for finishing, and for some great scores!

I think most universities use the overall score or the average to assess UCAT performance, but if you aren't sure, do check with the unis you intend to apply to :smile:

Thank you
hi guys, i just wanted to know what the purpose of the ucat diagnostic is? (on the medify website). its only 30 mins long so ive no idea what its for
does anyone know where I can find the spreadsheet where everyone had put their scores for the Medify mini-mocks and mocks..I remember seeing it numerous times a few weeks ago but I can't seem to find it in the thread
Reply 19
Original post by user58932
does anyone know where I can find the spreadsheet where everyone had put their scores for the Medify mini-mocks and mocks..I remember seeing it numerous times a few weeks ago but I can't seem to find it in the thread

Hi

So I want to post about my testing experience at home this morning or should I say lack of. After 3 failed attempts at trying to do this exam this week I have finally reached a point of giving up. Did anyone else have issues with their Drivers Licence not uploading or being unable to take a picture of it?. I called the test centre twice, one person very unhelpful, the second slightly better and no resolve. There is no technology support at all to help you.

Latest

Trending

Trending