Bigreshe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
Wow that score's amazing! Well done!

I have a fw qs about using the calculator during the exam:
1. Can you use backspace to remove the numbers?
2. Do you have to type '0' for when you type e.g. '0.99' or can you just type '.99'?
3.Whilst doing the official ucat mocks, I sometimes have to click ON/C to actually be able to type the numbers in but sometimes I didn't. Did you have to click ON/C every time in the exam?
Thank you. You can use backspace. I generally wrote 0.99 rather than .99 so I don't really know and no I didn't need to use on/c. One thing is make sure number lock is off. Had a mini heart attack when it didn't work at first😂😂
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Khalid Al-Raisi)
How much time should you spend preparing for your UCAT to achieve an exceptional score?
It's individual. You can spend years and still not get an "exceptional" score. It's all about strategy and (targeted) practice.
lhh2003
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by isabelmarant)
It's because out of all the psychology graduates, not all of them studied developmental, but out of all the people who took the social psychology course, all of them had to take developmental. Therefore you can't conclude that everyone who studied developmental also studied social because some of the graduates could have studied developmental without taking the social psychology course - it implies that it is possible to take developmental by itself.
What part of the statement indicates you can be a psychology student taking developmental and not social ? It says "except those who took a course in social psychology" , so doesn't that therefore mean the only people who take the course are people who have taken social paychology ?
Khalid Al-Raisi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
It's individual. You can spend years and still not get an "exceptional" score. It's all about strategy and (targeted) practice.
Ideally how long should you prepare for your exam?
ecolier
Rep:
?
People say 4-6 weeks, but I would say start slowly 2-3 months beforehand.

UCAT is definitely an exam that you can over-prepare or "peak" too early.
Khalid Al-Raisi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
People say 4-6 weeks, but I would say start slowly 2-3 months beforehand.

UCAT is definitely an exam that you can over-prepare or "peak" too early.
Thank you that answers my question.
But can you please explain what do you mean by 'over-prepare'?
toiretre
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Start off with untimed practice a few months before to get familiar with question types then take a mock after a few weeks to see where you are at, then when you have about 3 weeks left start the rest of the mocks
ecolier
Rep:
?
Thank you that answers my question.
But can you please explain what do you mean by 'over-prepare'?
Burn out, preparing too much, exhausting all the "mock exams" that's available on the internet.
positivity4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by user58932)
does anyone know where I can find the spreadsheet where everyone had put their scores for the Medify mini-mocks and mocks..I remember seeing it numerous times a few weeks ago but I can't seem to find it in the thread
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1910198469
isabelmarant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lhh2003)
What part of the statement indicates you can be a psychology student taking developmental and not social ? It says "except those who took a course in social psychology" , so doesn't that therefore mean the only people who take the course are people who have taken social paychology ?
No because 'except those who took a course in social psychology' simply means everyone who took social took developmental. However, you cannot assume that nobody else took developmental because the stem says 'not all graduates took developmental EXCEPT those who took a course in social psychology', which only tells you that the people who took social took developmental. The key is in the 'not all' at the beginning of the stem.

What does the solution say?
computerwizz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is anyone planning on doing the UCAT at home on laptop? Is there anything we have to do before hand?
KCM!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
does anyone have the link for the medentry scores spreadsheet?
lheighes17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So my UCAT is in about 2 weeks now and I have done most of the mini mocks on medify and have been getting decent scores. However I just did the first UCAT mock 1 and although I did ok in VR and QR I did significantly worse on decision making and abstract reasoning (I mean in the 400s/500s) is there anyway round this or does anyone have anyways to improve verbal reasoning or decision making
730+
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KCM!)
does anyone have the link for the medentry scores spreadsheet?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1112933438 Look at the bottom of the spreadsheet - you'll find MedEntry mocks there!
JEB12309833
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by computerwizz)
Is anyone planning on doing the UCAT at home on laptop? Is there anything we have to do before hand?
I was going to ask has anyone done the UCAT at home and if you have to use a wired laptop? As I was told you're not allowed wireless?
Josh burns
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Guys im in a dillema again and theres no one who knows my situation better than you guys

Basically im set to have my ucat on september 3rd but the thing is from now to then im only free a total of 4 days cause all the other days i have other commitments such as going to my aunts funeral cousins etc...

I put my exam on the 3rd cause my school starts on the 4th and ill need to study for mocks otherwise i wont get the neccessary predicted grades.

Im not sure what to do cause at the moment im averaging around 600 in mocks and i wanted to get that to 750 but i dont think i have the time.

one thing i could do is reschedule it later into september and this would give me time to get better but then i have a clash with my other exams so im not sure what to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bigreshe)
Thank you. You can use backspace. I generally wrote 0.99 rather than .99 so I don't really know and no I didn't need to use on/c. One thing is make sure number lock is off. Had a mini heart attack when it didn't work at first😂😂
Thank you!! Ahahaha oh dear...xD

For q number 3 I meant as in once you opened the calculator, could you type numbers in straight away or did you have to press ON/C to activate the calculator?
user58932
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you so much!!!!
daud salman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If I have fin iced the mini mocks, is practicing 30 questions of timed QR they way to go?
lhh2003
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by isabelmarant)
No because 'except those who took a course in social psychology' simply means everyone who took social took developmental. However, you cannot assume that nobody else took developmental because the stem says 'not all graduates took developmental EXCEPT those who took a course in social psychology', which only tells you that the people who took social took developmental. The key is in the 'not all' at the beginning of the stem.

What does the solution say?
Ahh ok that makes sense, man the wording was tight on that one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
27.43%
Less motivated (82)
72.57%

Watched Threads