UCAT (formerly UKCAT) 2021 entry discussions megathread [Part 2 of 2]

Watch
Rumaan Yusaf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol I was wondering why the old thread (part 1) was dead and inactive. Took me a little while to notice the fact it said ‘part 1 of 2’
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rumaan Yusaf)
Lol I was wondering why the old thread (part 1) was dead and inactive. Took me a little while to notice the fact it said ‘part 1 of 2’
> 10,000 posts (9,999 replies) automatically results in a new thread

Last year's UCAT thread only had 6,462 replies so it shows there's much more engagement this year.
sgarrickkk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't know how to improve my ucat score I keep getting around 600-650 on medify mini mocks and mocks no matter how hard I try to boost my score. My test is on Friday and I'm just really panicking and stressing out. I've been feeling really down and helpless and I don't know whether to postpone my test date or just get it over with because its really been messing with my mental health
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Longjohnaureas)
Did mine today, if you have any questions. 3160 was my score
That score is amazing! Any tips to improve in AR?
KCM!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sgarrickkk)
I don't know how to improve my ucat score I keep getting around 600-650 on medify mini mocks and mocks no matter how hard I try to boost my score. My test is on Friday and I'm just really panicking and stressing out. I've been feeling really down and helpless and I don't know whether to postpone my test date or just get it over with because its really been messing with my mental health
omg, I'm literally in the same position as you! my test is also Friday and my scores are the same as you and won't increase even though I'm doing practice on top of practice. idk what else I can do like I will continue to do practice but if 5weeks made no difference to my score idk what 1 week is gonna do
user58932
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Prep - 5 hours a day for about 10 days, then 8 hours a day for 33 days.
Resources - Medify (and MedEntry minimally). Completed all 13k questions.

QR was one I always did well in, I hit 850-900 fairly regularly in practice but achieved 800 in the real one. Learning how to type quickly using the number pad, using memory functions, jotting intermediary numbers down and flagging are all my biggest tips
wtf u practiced crazy amounts......jeeez, how is that even possible
Rumaan Yusaf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bigreshe)
Hi guys,Did my ucat and got:VR: 560DM: 720QR: 780AR: 800Overall: 2860SJT: Band 2I'm really happy with this score but am worried that my VR will negatively impact my application. Any advice?
Congrats on the score, well done!! Uni’s don’t see the individual breakdowns but rather the total score so your all good.
alishacrowe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone sitting there test 3rd sept 9:00am? If so where about
stb1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did mine today, if you have any questions. 3160 was my score
How would you compare medify to the real exam in each of the sub sets?
Last edited by stb1; 4 weeks ago
Kxmil7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just wanted to ask, whats an average score and whats a good score, because in the spreadsheet thing that someone has posted in part 1 of the this, lots of people are getting like 700-800...
Gracef28
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kxmil7)
just wanted to ask, whats an average score and whats a good score, because in the spreadsheet thing that someone has posted in part 1 of the this, lots of people are getting like 700-800...
The average for last year was 618, don’t worry about everyone here, they’re only a small fraction, I think 30,000 people took the UCAT so don’t base/compare your results to people here.
sunflower1p
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by spectrum84)
My advice is don't delay too long, I kinda regret having mine too late cos I'm constantly stressing about how I'm gonna do and whether I'll get a good score or not, also other people have been saying that the actual exam is easier than the official mocks so just practice on medify as that seems to be the most popular site to practice, what have u been getting in other mocks or is that the first one you've done?
in my medify mocks ive been averaging at 2500 - which is not too great either... I really dont want to delay it cuz I've had enough of it lol
sgarrickkk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KCM!)
omg, I'm literally in the same position as you! my test is also Friday and my scores are the same as you and won't increase even though I'm doing practice on top of practice. idk what else I can do like I will continue to do practice but if 5weeks made no difference to my score idk what 1 week is gonna do
Omg that is literally me too! I’ve been looking at unis like Cardiff that don’t put a lot of emphasis on UCAT scores and I think I might have to change some of my university options :/ and to think I was gonna do the BMAT as well...
Amoosan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sgarrickkk)
(Original post by KCM!)
We are all in the same boat. I have been practicing for 2 months and still my average is between 550- 600 rarely 650. I am so stressed over this. My test is on the 2nd
Last edited by Amoosan; 4 weeks ago
Bobjones34565
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
do you think it is possible to revise for the UCAT in 4 weeks? my test is on 19th september. However, i did do the ucat last year and got 2660 so i hope muscle memory will help me
YungLordRaf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
u guys are deeping this test too much just do bmat if u do bad
Emilyy7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ConjuredSpirit)
Was QR long and wordy with big tables and long multi-step calculations?
Some were but I'd say very similar to medify
Emilyy7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A-level1)
hi, did you take the exam with Mac or windows system?
I used windows system
Chemist123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is 17 days enough to do mocks and mini mocks ? I am so worried 😭
i.j.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone reckon if medentry is worth it? Are the medify and official ucat resources representative enough?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
27.43%
Less motivated (82)
72.57%

Watched Threads