The Student Room Group

GCSE English lit

Anyone get a lot lower grade in English lit than expected? I’m not sure if I had a harsh examiner or just a bad exam
have you asked for your raw mark? not everyone'll get what they expect/want unfortunately. how did you feel about the exam on the day?
Reply 2
I knew the exam didn’t go perfectly but I thought I had some good content in it. Apparently my raw mark was 4 marks off a 7 so it was close. I was expected at least an 8 and have been getting some 9s this year so when I got a 6 I was a little disappointed. The only thing is is that i’m Not doing eng lit at a level so is it worth getting it remarked if it won’t necessarily help me later in life?
Original post by pepino4
I knew the exam didn’t go perfectly but I thought I had some good content in it. Apparently my raw mark was 4 marks off a 7 so it was close. I was expected at least an 8 and have been getting some 9s this year so when I got a 6 I was a little disappointed. The only thing is is that i’m Not doing eng lit at a level so is it worth getting it remarked if it won’t necessarily help me later in life?

don't really see the point of having it remarked tbh:dontknow: having a 6 in english lit won't stop you in the future really. if you really think you need/want a remark then go for it. but you're not doing english lit for a-level so i think you'll be ok.
Not for English lit but for English language yeah. Got 6 and was 4 marks off a 7, am considering a remark as English is quite subjective so mark is likely to increase
Reply 5
Not for English Lit but for maths. I dropped 2 grades and two others I know did as well. One girl who was a predicted 9 got a 6, the other student was a 7 grader and got a lot less, I was predicted a 6 and got 4, and so on. The first student even taught others maths.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest