Suggest careers and degrees for these A Levels!

Watch
Conniestitution
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Maths, History, Politics and Psychology.

If I dropped one it would be History or Psychology most likely. Any ideas for degrees or careers? I’m just thinking finance or law.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Conniestitution)

If I dropped one it would be History or Psychology most likely. Any ideas for degrees or careers? I’m just thinking finance or law.
What kind of grades are you (reasonably) aiming at? Looks a good mix for either law or finance.
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

There's literally a bunch of careers that fall under "management" or "consulting" or "sales" as well. Policy roles in the government. UX research roles in tech. Tonnes of routes.

If you LOVE technical stuff - there's always software engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Conniestitution
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
What kind of grades are you (reasonably) aiming at? Looks a good mix for either law or finance.
Thank you! And my GCSEs just came through with 999988876 and a Distinction*, so I reckon I would be safe aiming for (minimum) As and Bs at A Level.
Conniestitution
Rep:
?
(Original post by Princepieman)
There's literally a bunch of careers that fall under "management" or "consulting" or "sales" as well. Policy roles in the government. UX research roles in tech. Tonnes of routes.

If you LOVE technical stuff - there's always software engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I’m not the best technician though - 6 in computing 😂
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you! And my GCSEs just came through with 999988876 and a Distinction*, so I reckon I would be safe aiming for (minimum) As and Bs at A Level.
Those are great results! Many congratulations! I think maths and history A levels leave everything open for you. Maybe look into law degrees and careers, PPE, finance/ management degrees and see if that appeals.

As a bit of a different suggestion, if you are interested in themes like politics and psychology maybe see how you are getting on with A level maths. Maths/ stats degrees lead to some really interesting jobs connected with those areas - statistical research for example. Also good for financial careers.
Conniestitution
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Those are great results! Many congratulations! I think maths and history A levels leave everything open for you. Maybe look into law degrees and careers, PPE, finance/ management degrees and see if that appeals.

As a bit of a different suggestion, if you are interested in themes like politics and psychology maybe see how you are getting on with A level maths. Maths/ stats degrees lead to some really interesting jobs connected with those areas - statistical research for example. Also good for financial careers.
Thank you! I’ll take everything into account, I appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.46%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (39)
14.34%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.04%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise