Applied to a job and got a unprofessional call back!

Watch
Idk_Anymore
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I applied to Help-Link to be a call handler and I got a call out the blue this morning and I didn't know it was them until I rang just now and got the answer machine saying it was Alice from Help-Link support and that she's unavailable out of hours

The call went like this transcripted:

Me: picks up ringing phone and says: 'Hello?'

Woman: In a harsh sounding tone of voice 'Well you've sure done well for yourself haven't you' *She slams phone down*

I don't understand how she can say that I've just come out of college with mostly C grades and never had a job yet and the way I feel from this call is like I've been fobbed off and patronized... Surely doing what she did is against some recruitment rules? They should only ring if they're interested in taking you on not to mock you...
3pointonefour
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Idk_Anymore)
So I applied to Help-Link to be a call handler and I got a call out the blue this morning and I didn't know it was them until I rang just now and got the answer machine saying it was Alice from Help-Link support and that she's unavailable out of hours

Woman: In a harsh sounding tone of voice 'Well you've sure done well for yourself haven't you' *She slams phone down*

I don't understand how she can say that I've just come out of college with mostly C grades and never had a job yet and the way I feel from this call is like I've been fobbed off and patronized... Surely doing what she did is against some recruitment rules? They should only ring if they're interested in taking you on not to mock you...
If you recorded that call you could make a professional complaint.
If not, you've got no real evidence so I'd recommend you just drop it and move on. Maybe prank call them later or something if you're still feeling salty
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Idk_Anymore)

Id make a complaint.
And if you have evidence- e.g. a recording of the call then even better.
HelpLinkUK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,I'm really sorry to hear this, please be assured this is not our standard procedure. As there isn't anyone in our HR team currently called Alice, I'm keen to investigate and find out it was you spoke to. If you wouldn't mind, please could you email us with your name and contact number so we can look into this?Again, our sincere apologies.Kind regards,HannahHelp-Link
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed