Takeonme44
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I am really interested in Computer Science and the theory behind it; and am fairly certain that I would like to pursue it at an undergraduate level. The course that I am interested in is Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence at Nottingham University. However, if I really wanted to, would it be possible for me to do a masters degree in applied mathematics/theoretical physics / physics / electrical engineering? I mean, Computer science is sometimes classified as a branch of mathematics (discrete), so would I have any problems transitioning to applied mathematics? Any help would be apprecaited.
happywhale
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Takeonme44)
Hi,
I am really interested in Computer Science and the theory behind it; and am fairly certain that I would like to pursue it at an undergraduate level. The course that I am interested in is Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence at Nottingham University. However, if I really wanted to, would it be possible for me to do a masters degree in applied mathematics/theoretical physics / physics / electrical engineering? I mean, Computer science is sometimes classified as a branch of mathematics (discrete), so would I have any problems transitioning to applied mathematics? Any help would be apprecaited.
Why do you want to do an undergraduate degree in computer science if you know you want to end up in theoretical physics / applied maths...?

If you want to go into theoretical physics you're best off doing a joint honours maths and physics degree - even people who've done a theoretical physics degree (e.g. me!) are at a disadvantage compared to maths students when applying for applied maths and theoretical physics master's.

If you want to end up in electrical engineering or applied physics (very different to applied maths and theoretical physics!) you should really be doing engineering or physics at undergrad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.72%
I don't have everything I need (240)
44.28%

Watched Threads