Betty A.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I achieved way better grades than what I was expecting, making me question if my choice of an unconditional at Leicester is the right decision . I already have my accommodation sorted at Leicester but is it worth it going through adjustment to get a place in a more prestige uni, such as Leeds (RG) or Loughborough??
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wayyyy too late now clearing is closed.
Betty A.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Wayyyy too late now clearing is closed.
Adjustment doesn’t close until the 31st August
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Betty A.)
You have 5x 24 hr periods to use adjustment to change to a university starting from as soon as your firm turns unconditional.

Assuming Leicester accepted you on results day, this time would have lapsed by now.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There arent special adjustment places though, lilely everywhere is full...you have left this really late. You can however obv go into adjustment without risk of losing your offer. But you've wasted alot of time, what course were you looking to trade up?
JXN
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes but the actual universities closed for clearing
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I achieved way better grades than what I was expecting, making me question if my choice of an unconditional at Leicester is the right decision . I already have my accommodation sorted at Leicester but is it worth it going through adjustment to get a place in a more prestige uni, such as Leeds (RG) or Loughborough??
Lboro and Leeds are better unis but not by a huge amount i mean you're not exactly at an ex poly. not worth it unless you're aiming for a really top uni like Oxbridge
Betty A.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
There arent special adjustment places though, lilely everywhere is full...you have left this really late. You can however obv go into adjustment without risk of losing your offer. But you've wasted alot of time, what course were you looking to trade up?
I think I might just call up and see, I don’t have anything to lose. I’d still be doing criminology it’s just whether it’s worth swapping unis x
Betty A.
Rep:
?
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
Lboro and Leeds are better unis but not by a huge amount i mean you're not exactly at an ex poly. not worth it unless you're aiming for a really top uni like Oxbridge
Oxbridge don’t accept through clearing and adjustment unfortunately 😂 not that I would try for them haha. I just thought cause Leeds and Loughborough score so high in the league tables and are well respected they’d look better to an employer.
Betty A.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You have 5x 24 hr periods to use adjustment to change to a university starting from as soon as your firm turns unconditional.

Assuming Leicester accepted you on results day, this time would have lapsed by now.
Oh I just thought it was 5x24 hrs after you signed up for adjustment. Thanks for your reply tho x
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oxbridge don’t accept through clearing and adjustment unfortunately 😂 not that I would try for them haha. I just thought cause Leeds and Loughborough score so high in the league tables and are well respected they’d look better to an employer.
no employer is going to even be aware of much of a difference between Leicester and Leeds, you'd have to actually look up the league table to find out. and Loughborough does well in the league tables due to Student Satisfaction and employability ratings, its not known for high entry standards.

the thing employers care about most is work experience. even working behind a bar 'part-time but long-term' is brilliant experience, it doesnt need to be a fancy internship
Betty A.
Rep:
?
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
no employer is going to even be aware of much of a difference between Leicester and Leeds, you'd have to actually look up the league table to find out. and Loughborough does well in the league tables due to Student Satisfaction and employability ratings, its not known for high entry standards.

the thing employers care about most is work experience. even working behind a bar 'part-time but long-term' is brilliant experience, it doesnt need to be a fancy internship
I just thought cause Leeds is a RG it would be considered as more prestige? Thanks for your reply btw
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think I might just call up and see, I don’t have anything to lose. I’d still be doing criminology it’s just whether it’s worth swapping unis x
There might be spaces for criminology lol....you can try, but im not sure if prestige is even that important for criminology, its likely delivered in a similar way all around.

Its not like engineering, law, or business...those are more courses where rankings matter imo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.23%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (286)
59.09%
No (163)
33.68%

Watched Threads