The Student Room Group

Sexism

So I'm 18, female and never had s*x as I haven't found the right person yet and in all honestly I'm in no rush to lose it right now, I am so happy I haven't done it yet because all the guys I meet end up being the wrong ones and I know I would regret it if I did lose it to one of them. Anyway, this thread is about me questioning guys who feel the f**king need to speak to me and other girls as if we are sexual objects. Don't get me wrong, I am very insecure and I do hate my face and my body, there is nothing I like about myself so despite the fact that I've bad boyfriends, been called pretty and things like that I just can't accept myself so I love it when people compliment me or a guy says he's into me but what I don't like is when some guy, twice this year this has happened and it upsets me, two guys have told me I'm good looking and all of this for them to turn around and say things like "send nudes" or "I would like you in my bed" and stuff like that, me thinking they genuinely want a relationship, clearly they're only wanting one thing I don't be willing to give them, I blocked them in the end but I just want to know why are guys like that? I know not all males are pigs and girls can be the same to guys but I don't understand it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ssoopphhii
So I'm 18, female and never had s*x as I haven't found the right person yet and in all honestly I'm in no rush to lose it right now, I am so happy I haven't done it yet because all the guys I meet end up being the wrong ones and I know I would regret it if I did lose it to one of them. Anyway, this thread is about me questioning guys who feel the f**king need to speak to me and other girls as if we are sexual objects. Don't get me wrong, I am very insecure and I do hate my face and my body, there is nothing I like about myself so despite the fact that I've bad boyfriends, been called pretty and things like that I just can't accept myself so I love it when people compliment me or a guy says he's into me but what I don't like is when some guy, twice this year this has happened and it upsets me, two guys have told me I'm good looking and all of this for them to turn around and say things like "send nudes" or "I would like you in my bed" and stuff like that, me thinking they genuinely want a relationship, clearly they're only wanting one thing I don't be willing to give them, I blocked them in the end but I just want to know why are guys like that? I know not all males are pigs and girls can be the same to guys but I don't understand it?

You are not alone, I have experienced it all as well. I feel like as a girl who's in a sexist world I have myself and other girls to depend upon, I personally no longer strive to look prettier for guys but I strive to be strong for other girls. Don't bother looking for someone just wait and let it happen, but for now feel beautiful for who you are because at the end of the day you're the one who matters most. You are beautiful because you try look for the good in people even when they just want to use your body... Be strong for yourself and for all the girls out there who need you, do it for the 1/5 girls who are raped.

Smile because you're not someone elses princess, smile because you're your own queen❤️
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by London090
You are not alone, I have experienced it all as well. I feel like as a girl who's in a sexist world I have myself and other girls to depend upon, I personally no longer strive to look prettier for guys but I strive to be strong for other girls. Don't bother looking for someone just wait and let it happen, but for now feel beautiful for who you are because at the end of the day you're the one who matters most. You are beautiful because you try look for the good in people even when they just want to use your body... Be strong for yourself and for all the girls out there who need you, do it for the 1/5 girls who are raped.

Smile because you're not someone else princess, smile because you're your own queen❤️

Honestly I don't think people take it seriously enough, it's upsetting when it actually happens to you.

& Thank you it means a lot, girls definitely need to stick together and support each other.
Honestly I don't think people take it seriously enough, it's upsetting when it actually happens to you.

& Thank you it means a lot, girls definitely need to stick together and support each other.

Aww no problem, I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to when you feel down❤️

I feel like people generally don't take it seriously because it seems normal to them as opposed to the faults of a dysfunctional society...
Reply 4
Aww no problem, I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to when you feel down❤️

I feel like people generally don't take it seriously because it seems normal to them as opposed to the faults of a dysfunctional society...

I never really took notice in standing against sexism because all the comments made to me I think were jokes and quite innocent comments but now I've actually had to deal with 2 guys this year making comments about me being in bed with them or sending nudes and stuff like that, I feel sick, I also just remembered there's actually a 3rd which I told many times I wasn't interested in him like that and he had issues with health so I stayed friends with him for a bit but had to cut him off, now I have no way of contacting him I wish I could tell him everything he said was wrong, he made some vile sexist comments which I did have a go at him for but the ones towards me I laughed off but I wish I realised it wasn't funny, he was saying how I should wear leggings because of my a*s and saying he actually looked and things like that and I think it's disturbing, I'm not an object I'm a f**king person.

It angers me now that I've experienced this, I've actually met genuine guys though and I know the difference because the genuine ones that never made those kinds of comments towards me, they called me attractive and things like that but no sexual comments, I'm glad I met those guys and know they aren't all only after 1 thing.
I never really took notice in standing against sexism because all the comments made to me I think were jokes and quite innocent comments but now I've actually had to deal with 2 guys this year making comments about me being in bed with them or sending nudes and stuff like that, I feel sick, I also just remembered there's actually a 3rd which I told many times I wasn't interested in him like that and he had issues with health so I stayed friends with him for a bit but had to cut him off, now I have no way of contacting him I wish I could tell him everything he said was wrong, he made some vile sexist comments which I did have a go at him for but the ones towards me I laughed off but I wish I realised it wasn't funny, he was saying how I should wear leggings because of my a*s and saying he actually looked and things like that and I think it's disturbing, I'm not an object I'm a f**king person.

It angers me now that I've experienced this, I've actually met genuine guys though and I know the difference because the genuine ones that never made those kinds of comments towards me, they called me attractive and things like that but no sexual comments, I'm glad I met those guys and know they aren't all only after 1 thing.

You have very right to feel disgusted, some boys these days need to get themselves in check and sort out their hormones. Do not feel afraid to stand up for yourself and say NO. Your clothes aren't a sign which say "Hey there check me out and tell me what you think" they have no right nor do they have the place to tell you what they think about how your clothing looks on you because you didn't ask for their opinion.

The guys who look past your appearance are the ones who truly truly are worth your time. They stay around for a long time and they will cherish you for who you are. If you find one don't let hime go!!😂
cakes
Reply 7
Original post by ShellThrice
cakes

What?
Reply 8
You have very right to feel disgusted, some boys these days need to get themselves in check and sort out their hormones. Do not feel afraid to stand up for yourself and say NO. Your clothes aren't a sign which say "Hey there check me out and tell me what you think" they have no right nor do they have the place to tell you what they think about how your clothing looks on you because you didn't ask for their opinion.

The guys who look past your appearance are the ones who truly truly are worth your time. They stay around for a long time and they will cherish you for who you are. If you find one don't let hime go!!😂

Trust me the next time a guy doesn't make some comment about my a*s and only says things like I'm pretty or I have a really nice personality, the type of things you want to hear that aren't sexist, I'm keeping him haha

For whatever this is worth, you’re beautiful and worthy of being loved. You might not believe it but it’s true. And those guys who couldn’t see the depth that you offer are typical losers that will get theirs in the end (if they continue to have such a shallow mindset). I wish you the best and am sure you’ll find it hun. Cheers.

-a guy who sees in depth.
Original post by HopefulAgony37
For whatever this is worth, you’re beautiful and worthy of being loved. You might not believe it but it’s true. And those guys who couldn’t see the depth that you offer are typical losers that will get theirs in the end (if they continue to have such a shallow mindset). I wish you the best and am sure you’ll find it hun. Cheers.

Thank you for supporting her. It truly makes all the difference when a guy shows respect.
Reply 11

Thank you that's so nice of you :smile:
Thank you that's so nice of you :smile:

Ofc, and honestly the age range has a lot to do with it. At that age, most ppl are only about looks. It’s not til ppl get a bit older when they realize looks can only get you so far. Looks become less important over time. In the end, it is only the connection that matters.
Thank you for supporting her. It truly makes all the difference when a guy shows respect.

I appreciate hearing that but I know there are still respectful guys out there that are gentlemen to their significant others. It just gets blurred when all you see so often are a-holes disrespecting women or even other ppl in general, for that matter. You see more a holes because they’re always the ones that are so loud.
(edited 5 years ago)
I appreciate hearing that but I know there are still respectful guys out there that are gentlemen to their significant others. It just gets blurred when all you see so often are a-holes being loud.

Haha😂 yes that is true, often the ones who are loud are "hopefully" the minority but they do diminish our trust for the men out there who truly see the beauty in our personalities while putting aside our physical looks.

If I even find a guy who would truly love me for the feminist and charity loving woman whom I am then he's priceless...
Haha😂 yes that is true, often the ones who are loud are "hopefully" the minority but they do diminish our trust for the men out there who truly see the beauty in our personalities while putting aside our physical looks.

If I even find a guy who would truly love me for the feminist and charity loving woman whom I am then he's priceless...

Haha, well I guarantee you will when it’s the right time! Standing up for your beliefs and doing charity? Who wouldn’t love that? :smile: But what I said to her can be said to you as well: you’re absolutely worthy of being loved, inside and out. The less attention you pay to jerks, the more time you have to look for Mr. Right.
Haha, well I guarantee you will when it’s the right time! Standing up for your beliefs and doing charity? Who wouldn’t love that? :smile: But what I said to her can be said to you as well: you’re absolutely worthy of being loved, inside and out. The less attention you pay to jerks, the more time you have to look for Mr. Right.

Thank you, I think right now I want to be alone (damn that sounded so sad😂). I really just want to focus on myself and my studies right now, graduate with high marks get into a good uni work hard then "attempt" to get a job in the UN. So I can help those girls who want to cry out for help but can't, woman's rights are human right's super simple❤️ I guess Mr.Right might just be someone funding a charity project which supports girl's education? I don't know but as you said when the time is right everything falls in to place, no need to look like an absolute fool looking desperate and searching every nook and cranny😂!
Reply 17
still tryna understand how it's sexism...
Original post by MikeyA
still tryna understand how it's sexism...

You're a bit naive aren't you?
Reply 19
You're a bit naive aren't you?

there really is no need to get personal, just explain how it's sexism 😑🙄

Latest

Trending

Trending