The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2019! Watch

ManchesterApp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey Guys,

Since winter vacation schemes are upon us I thought I'd make this thread so we can discuss and help each other out. Surprised this wasn't made yet, last year's thread kicked off a month earlier than now, well we're just as eager this year! Please feel free to share your thoughts on here.

I'm starting to prepare for my winter applications for Kennedys, HSF, & Linklaters too.

I feel more confident & organised from the experiences I gained last cycle and I was told about the '' GetinLaw '' site towards the end of the last cycle which really really helped so I'm using them now from the start. I also think Lex100 is a lifesaver. Anyone else want to share alternative platforms?

Thanks and good luck to all!
Shanlon97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
This is going to be my first time applying for Vac schemes, so I'm nervous and excited for this years recruitment cycle. Thinking of doing 12 applications to large international firms, including- HSF, HL, Bakers, FF, Pinsents and Jones Day. Only thing is that I am spending the year studying in Beijing. I'm coming back home for a week in January, but do you think this could hinder my engagement with the recruitment process ?Also, is there anybody here that has applied from non-UK universities. I am studying at University College Dublin and would love to hear people's experiences of applying outside of the UK.
MagicJigsaw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone know how long Jones Day takes to get back to you post-interview?
law3651
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MagicJigsaw)
Anyone know how long Jones Day takes to get back to you post-interview?
Hey I have no clue. But how long did it take you to get called for the interview. Applied on the 5th and heard nothing yet.
MagicJigsaw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by law3651)Hey I have no clue. But how long did it take you to get called for the interview. Applied on the 5th and heard nothing yet.

My reference was sent off on the Thursday and they invited me to interview the following Monday. If you haven’t been contacted yet about an academic reference I wouldn’t worry - I think they ask everyone for an academic reference and then arrange the interviews from there
law3651
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MagicJigsaw)
(Original post by law3651)Hey I have no clue. But how long did it take you to get called for the interview. Applied on the 5th and heard nothing yet.

My reference was sent off on the Thursday and they invited me to interview the following Monday. If you haven’t been contacted yet about an academic reference I wouldn’t worry - I think they ask everyone for an academic reference and then arrange the interviews from there
Sadly got a PFO on Friday
bonoplus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi just had an interview with them and wondered how long you did end up waiting
phillipsk984
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know why one of HFW's 3 vacation schemes is shorter in length? They run 2 two-week schemes and 1 one-week scheme and I was wondering who gets on the one-week scheme as opposed to the two-week schemes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads