tx_558
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone

I've got offers from those two universities. BA Sociology : Durham (AAB) and BSc Politics and International Relations : Exeter (AAA). But I don't know which to firm!!

I lived in Durham (it was lovely!) for 3 years and there're lots of friends there. Also, Durham should be much higher when it comes to both domestic and international rankings, which thus I reckon Durham can be more favoured by employers?? So yes it's hard to simply abandon Durham… But I'm more interested in the course at Exeter. Besides I'm thinking of working in some International organisation in the future. I've never been to Exeter so I saw several videos on youtube yet it wasn't that lovely…

P.S. I'm sure I'll proceed to a masters degree. If I ever take Sociology in Durham, will it be okay to study Politics or IR in postgraduate?

Which university should I take? Please provide me with some insights 😌
DCP0
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you prefer the course at Exeter I would do that one. It is still a great uni, and the area like most places has rough areas but it is rather lovely. Why did you choose to apply for Sociology at Durham and Politics and International Relations at Exeter?
Brownpiece
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m confused, are you in clearing? How are you making a decision between two top universities two weeks after A level results came out? In any case it depends on what you take more seriously. Enjoying your course or having a higher chance of good employment. In all honesty I don’t think sociology is as an esteemed degree as politics and international relations regardless of where you receive it. Exeter isn’t a bad university anyway.
pinegrove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i can't speak for the courses but exeter is a lovely city! plenty of decent clubs, decent music scene and we get quite a few comedians down too, so many cute cafes in the city centre
tx_558
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by DCP0)
If you prefer the course at Exeter I would do that one. It is still a great uni, and the area like most places has rough areas but it is rather lovely. Why did you choose to apply for Sociology at Durham and Politics and International Relations at Exeter?
Thank you for your response! Well…sadly I was rejected from Durham, BA international relations. But I've got Sociology instead. I was also interested in Sociology as IR itself is an interdisciplinary subject and I thought I could pave a different perspective towards Politics or IR by studying Sociology…
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (393)
56.55%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.45%

Watched Threads