The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough to study MEDICINE at a LONDON UNI- UCL and KINGS

*edited*
(edited 4 years ago)
It's absolutely fine for UCL- you'd actually be making a competitive application as those grades are strong.
However for Imperial, they only want a B in GCSE English Language as they look at BMAT instead of the rest of applicants GCSE's.
Search up the BMAT to understand more about it.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Grade A
It's absolutely fine for UCL- you'd actually be making a competitive application as those grades are strong.
However for Imperial, they only want a B in GCSE English Language as they look at BMAT instead of the rest of applicants GCSE's.
Search up the BMAT to understand more about it.:smile:

Great thank you so much for your help !
Original post by Alexia C
Great thank you so much for your help !

No problem :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Alexia C
I wanted to know whether it will still be possible for me to get into a London Uni like UCL ( which is where I really would like to go) if I get really good A-Level Grades and work hard on my Personal Statement, BMAT, Work Experience and Extracurriculars etc.
I think your GCSEs are also competitive and you seem to know what you need to do which sounds promising.

Just something to consider, to my knowledge the UCL medicine offer was A*AA and so you may need to discuss your predicted grades with your teachers to ensure it matches that.

Best of luck !
Reply 5
Original post by Grade A
No problem :smile:

Are my grades also good enough to study medicine at a London Uni?
Maths 8
Biology B (Gutted)
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
RS A
Eng Lit 8
Eng Lang 8
History B
I'm a bit worried
Original post by ab6790
Are my grades also good enough to study medicine at a London Uni?
Maths 8
Biology B (Gutted)
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
RS A
Eng Lit 8
Eng Lang 8
History B
I'm a bit worried

It may be slightly more difficult for you to get into UCL because you haven't done many GCSE subjects compared to the other applicants, but more emphasis is put on A-Levels so a good performance there can make up for no-so-good GCSEs. So it's definitely worth applying if you get predictions of A*AA for A-Levels.
Your grades are perfectly fine for Kings College London and also Imperial College London. Like I mentioned before, ensure you do well at A-Levels and practice for the BMAT and UKCAT exams as a lot of emphasis is put on these for all medical school.

Just remember, the above unis i've stated are the TOP London unis. So there will be a lot of competition. But your GCSE grades are fine to apply to all of them.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest