The Student Room Group

Lab work experience

I am currently an A level student who wishes to find a lab placement for the october holidays. Does anyone know any organisations that offer work experience during this time other than GSK (too far away).
Reply 1
Original post by curious5755
I am currently an A level student who wishes to find a lab placement for the october holidays. Does anyone know any organisations that offer work experience during this time other than GSK (too far away).

email your local university :smile:
Original post by lilGem
email your local university :smile:

i live outside London so there are no unis local to me. but I have tried, I haven't got any reply yet.

I have also tried my local hospital but apparently their labs are going under construction.....

I am really desperate and have tried everything at this point.
well .. there aren't any local to me, the closest uni is 3 hours away.
Original post by Volibear
I assume you've tried Googling 'labs near me'. Since they clearly don't exist, you're going to travel. I don't know what else you want to hear.

I don't mind travelling.
I just want people to share if they know any organisations that offers work experience.
Do labs actually take school kids for placements?

Every lab I've come across doesn't on the grounds of health and safety and they lack the training to do anything meaningful.
It's worth approaching any organisation with a lab to ask if they offer work experience. There won't be a specific list of them, and they most probably won't openly advertise it.

Where do you live where there are no unis within 3 hours though? There can't be many places in the UK that far away from a large town or city.
Original post by curious5755

Have you tried the following: in2scienceUK, biograd, intobiology, satro or Nullified Foundation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending