Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So me and my sister who is now in her second year of uni and I'm going to start uni now in September, we both had this teacher who is so nice and supportive. My young sister sometimes gets taught by her too.
This teacher to me was very helpful and caring as she knew I was so stressy and worried over the littlest of things.
And she always helped me. And I do now stay in touch with her and she even recently asked about my Alevel results and was so pleased when I told her I got onto the course that I wanted and I also felt guilty and apologised as it was in her subject that I didn't get the best grade in and she told me not to worry and that I was an extremely hardworking student etc.
She always states how me and my sister are one of the hardworking students she's ever met.

This teacher is amazing and I'm her favourite student-I let out my anger out on her many times but she still understood and never got angry herself. I felt so guilty this use to happen near exam time and she knew I was very worried about exams and stuff.

Now recently it was my brother GCSE results and she was there (my older sister went with my brother) and this teacher was helping my brother sort out what subjects he should do etc.
And she asked him and my older sister how I was feeling.
And now my brother got a letter from school saying that he is moving form groups and that she is now going to be his form tutor!
The only time a child moves form groups is if the teacher requests it-so does that mean that she asked if my brother could move to her Form group?
I find it a bit strange how my favourite teacher has now requested my brother to be in her class.
I always use to tell her how my mom wants us to do well and cares about our education. Is it perhaps that she wants to meet my mom?
As even though she's taught us siblings, she hasn't met our parents as she wasn't our form tutor- but now she'll be able to.

I stay in touch with her and recently told her about how I'm so nervous for starting university and that j can't tell anyone because I don't want to worry them.
Now I'm a bit anxious that during my brothers meeting she will obviously meet my mom (which I think is great as I always tell my mom how she's a great teacher and now they'll have the opportunity to meet in person) but I have a feeling that this meeting will be less about my brother and more about how my sister and especially how I'm getting on (as the teacher knows about me and my worrying) and she may tell my mom about how I worry a lot but don't like to trouble anyone in the family.
I don't know whether I should go to this meeting too with my mom (but first I have to build up the courage as at the moment I still am very guilty as I didn't do well in her subject-even though she told me it's okay).
And mainly I want to be there just incase they do talk about me and if she does raise any concerns. As she knows I may have anxiety and had asked me to go to the GP but I didn't. And she may tell my mom; and I don't my mom to worry.
Are teachers allowed to talk to parents about their (ex-students) children?
Wouldn't that be breaking confidentiality as she hasn't asked for my consent to tell my mom about my worries? I don't want my teacher telling my mom what I email my teacher about like for example about my concerns. Because my teacher is the one who I share worries with because it wouldn't bother her yet if I shared them with my family they'd get worried and I don't want that.

So do you think my teacher will tell everything about me to my mom and how I worry a lot etc?
Is she allowed, as I was her ex-student?
Shall I tell her beforehand that I would prefer it if she didn't mention anything to my mom as I don't want her to worry?
If I can, do you think I should also attend the meeting? As it's the first time my mom will meet her and also if my favourite teacher does mention anything-I can sort of correct it?

Thank you I'm just very anxious and known to overthink a lot!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're overthinking. There may other reasons your brother is moving into her form. There's also no reason to think she'll spend a decent amount of chatting about you during this meeting and will be probably be more focused on your brother considering you're no longer her student and out of the two of you, her priority will be your brother.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
You're overthinking. There may other reasons your brother is moving into her form. There's also no reason to think she'll spend a decent amount of chatting about you during this meeting and will be probably be more focused on your brother considering you're no longer her student and out of the two of you, her priority will be your brother.
Right ok thank you!
ive been stressing me about it all day as I didn't want her to tell my mom about me worrying about uni and I was contemplating on whether I should email her telling her not to mention about my worries to my mom as I don't want to worry her.
but thank you
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Right ok thank you!
ive been stressing me about it all day as I didn't want her to tell my mom about me worrying about uni and I was contemplating on whether I should email her telling her not to mention about my worries to my mom as I don't want to worry her.
but thank you
If you really don't want your mum knowing about your worries then by all means email the teacher just to cover all bases. Is there no way your mum could maybe help with some of your anxieties?
Anonymous #1
She may be able to help by talking to me but I don't want to make my mom worried because my mom (like me) worries over the littlest things!

And I had told my teacher- as she's someone out of family who I can trust without having to worry anyone from my family!
And I will do!
Thanks
Anonymous #1
Sorry, also if I tell her not to tell- she won't will she? What the possibility that she won't?
(I am her best student-so I hope she does this favour for me and not breaks my trust because she knows I can trust her).

Okay-I think I'm overthinking now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (506)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (624)
41.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (306)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.58%

Watched Threads