MFinch.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was 4 marks away from a 9 in Physics and 1 mark away from a 7 in History, should I bother remarking them?
HT2412
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MFinch.)
I was 4 marks away from a 9 in Physics and 1 mark away from a 7 in History, should I bother remarking them?
How close would you be to dropping down a grade? E.G. If you're 4 marks off a 9 but also 4 marks off dropping to a 7 it's not really worth it in my opinion because they can drop you!

If you're not in danger of dropping down a grade (say 6+ marks between you and grade below, which they usually will be) then I'd say go for it - you've got nothing to lose! Especially because it's the first year of the new specifications, markers won't have marked the paper before and so the potential for error is greater than in previous years.
MFinch.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So for physics I got an 8, 4 marks away from a 9 and 13 marks from dropping to a 7. History I got a 6 I'm 1 mark away from a 7 but I chatted so much bs in all the history exams I'm afraid if the paper is remarked the marker will realise I didn't know jack sh*t and I completely waffled and will drop me to a 5
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads