The Official University of Leeds Applicants Thread 2019

Watch
This discussion is closed.
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Are you applying to the University of Leeds for 2019 entry? Then this is the place to be!

This is the place for University of Leeds applicants to chat and meet with other applicants during the application process.

Name: CoffeeAndPolitics/JT
Location (optional): South East London
Course: History and Politics BA (3 years)
Predicted grades: TBC - Probably ABB or AAB
Also applying at: York, Sussex, Birmingham and Lancaster
Currently studying: A-Level History, Economics and Sociology
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:woo: This thread has been added to this HUGE list of 2019 applicants threads HERE :woo:

Now that you're in the Universities section, these forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.
JT_888
Rep:
?
(Original post by n.desilva)
Hi! I have an unconditional offer to study chemistry at Leeds in 2019
I’ve gone through the application process so I’m happy to help if need be
Hello, there. What was the application process like?
JT_888
Rep:
?
(Original post by n.desilva)
I found it really straight forward After I sent off my application I got a letter saying I had to book an interview. A couple hours after my interview my track updated to say I had an offer
I’m guessing whether you have to have an interview or not depends on your subject though
That’s good to hear. Do you have any useful tips for prospective applicants like myself with regards to personal statement?
ABK99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name: I'm not stating my name but you can have my initials: AK
Course: Computer Science/ IT management
Predicted grades: I am a retake student (don't judge me) I got BBC at A Level
Also applying at: UCL, City, KCL and Manchester
Currently studying: Retaking Maths Econ and Comp Sci
JT_888
Rep:
?
(Original post by ABK99)
Name: I'm not stating my name but you can have my initials: AK
Course: Computer Science/ IT management
Predicted grades: I am a retake student (don't judge me) I got BBC at A Level
Also applying at: UCL, City, KCL and Manchester
Currently studying: Retaking Maths Econ and Comp Sci
I don't judge. How it is going so far in your studies and why Leeds?
ABK99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
I don't judge. How it is going so far in your studies and why Leeds?
I think it's going decently, I'm just going over my revision notes I made and going through some questions. I chose Leeds because I loved the City and I also loved the course modules.
JT_888
Rep:
?
(Original post by ABK99)
I think it's going decently, I'm just going over my revision notes I made and going through some questions. I chose Leeds because I loved the City and I also loved the course modules.
That's great to hear. I did alright at the end of Year 12 though I've struggled throughout the year and to get the grades I got, I am happy. Just waiting on my predictions for UCAS. I've got a research project that I need to do for Sociology and I need to recap AS content for Econ. For me, I'm considering Leeds because it's a decent uni that offers a lovely course and I'm also eligible for the Access scheme (last time I've checked).
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello everyone in this thread, I'm a current student at the University of Leeds studying LLB Law with French Law. If you have any questions about the uni in general (accommodation, facilities, general applications things etc) or about studying law here then I'm happy to answer them!
circleofsighs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey guys! i’m applying for physics and i live in leeds haha so if you wanna know anything about the city just ask me!
Chunter.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Hello everyone in this thread, I'm a current student at the University of Leeds studying LLB Law with French Law. If you have any questions about the uni in general (accommodation, facilities, general applications things etc) or about studying law here then I'm happy to answer them!
What is the city and nightlife like?
Chunter.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by circleofsighs)
hey guys! i’m applying for physics and i live in leeds haha so if you wanna know anything about the city just ask me!
What is the nightlife and city like?
circleofsighs
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chunter.)
What is the nightlife and city like?
well i just turned 18 a few weeks ago so i can’t tell you first hand yet BUT i’ve heard from the everyone that it’s amazing. there’s a load of clubs, like prism, viaduct etc. and they always have deals on! as for the city, the architecture is super pretty! there’s kirkgate market, the corn exchange, the new victoria gate. and the shopping is really good because there’s literally everything you want! the merrion centre is really close to the uni and that (plus st johns next to it) has a mcdonalds, morrison’s, taco bell, poundland- basically everything!
Chunter.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by circleofsighs)
well i just turned 18 a few weeks ago so i can’t tell you first hand yet BUT i’ve heard from the everyone that it’s amazing. there’s a load of clubs, like prism, viaduct etc. and they always have deals on! as for the city, the architecture is super pretty! there’s kirkgate market, the corn exchange, the new victoria gate. and the shopping is really good because there’s literally everything you want! the merrion centre is really close to the uni and that (plus st johns next to it) has a mcdonalds, morrison’s, taco bell, poundland- basically everything!
Cool, thanks you
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chunter.)
What is the city and nightlife like?
The nightlife is renowned for being good. There are so many pubs and bars that they probably can't be counted! The Student's Union is also nice and cheap and every Friday they run an event called 'Fruity' where the function rooms downstairs are turned into a massive club. You should try it at least once.

The city itself is great, there's plenty of shops, it has several libraries, a museum, etc. It's quite vibrant and yet not too crowded.
koala789
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When does Leeds tend to send out offers? I sent in my UCAS last week for Chemical & Materials Engineering but haven't gotten an email recognising my application yet
JT_888
Rep:
?
(Original post by koala789)
When does Leeds tend to send out offers? I sent in my UCAS last week for Chemical & Materials Engineering but haven't gotten an email recognising my application yet
I'm not a Leeds Uni official so I won't be much of a help. It totally depends, they could start giving out offers soon or they might wait until the Oxbridge deadline before doing that - it's really difficult to say. All the best though.
Supernovas
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name: Kaliyah

Location (optional): South East London in a trashy borough called Lewisham
Course: Law LLB
Also applying at: Oxford, Birmingham Durham and Bristol
Currently studying: A-Level Government & Politics, A Level English Lit and CTEC Business Studies
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by K.bower)
Name: Kaliyah

Location (optional): South East London in a trashy borough called Lewisham
Course: Law LLB
Also applying at: Oxford, Birmingham Durham and Nottingham
Currently studying: A-Level Government & Politics, A Level English Lit and CTEC Business Studies
If you have any questions about Law at Leeds, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm doing LLB Law with French Law (which only differs slightly from the straight Law course, and I also live with two people doing the straight law course).

I also applied to Oxford and Durham, so I can maybe help answer questions you might have about that too!
Mandy7367
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
If you have any questions about Law at Leeds, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm doing LLB Law with French Law (which only differs slightly from the straight Law course, and I also live with two people doing the straight law course).

I also applied to Oxford and Durham, so I can maybe help answer questions you might have about that too!
Hi!
Can I ask what offer you got when you applied and what you ended up getting? Thinking of applying for law there myself 😬🤞
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads