The Student Room Group

Is doing an extra year at A-level a bad thing??

I'm thinking of retaking my english language and still doing my A-levels but its a 3 year thing. I wanna know is it a bad thing and will it stop me from doing certain things in the future?
Reply 1
I am thinking of doing accountancy
Original post by hasnain7860
I am thinking of doing accountancy

What Universities do are you considering to apply to? Research their entry criteria and evaluate if they consider retakes.
My brother dropped out of year 13 around November time (2014) and restarted the year and now is studying aerospace engineering at Liverpool, which was his dream sobid say it didn't hold him back

Also there were a few people in my year who were resitting, one's doing international relations, ones doing English, etc etc. So I'd say you'll be fine :smile:
No. Most Unis I researched don't care about 1 more attempt although some may prioritise those who did it once and got the same grade as you who did it twice, also its only really when it becomes 2, 3 ,4 ,5 or 8 attempts it becomes a problem lol. But I'm guessing the really really really prestige ones that have major major competition will look at things like resits.

Plus don't worry a lot of people flop their AS and try again and there are people who take gap years before Uni so if your worried that by the time you get to Uni everyone will be 18, they won't.

Quick Reply