emmaml06
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm struggling with how I can revise for triple science so has anyone got any tips?
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most of it is just learning the content, once you’re confident at it try practising papers from the old spec and specimen papers for the new one. I got an 8 in biology and 7 in chem/physics
Inlexed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emmaml06)
I'm struggling with how I can revise for triple science so has anyone got any tips?
I revised a few nights prior to my science exams. Use the specification to learn everything you need to know. Look up your exam board specification and then you won't learn random stuff that you don't need to know.
DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got 3 grade 9s. My best piece of advice would be to treat them as three different subjects and apply differing methods to revising them as they have different requirements. The advice below worked for me but it may not work for everyone as we all have different learning styles and strengths.
For all of them:
- learn practicals as they come up and carry a high weighting of total grade
- asses how competent you are with content and focus on weaknesses but ensure you practice bits you are good at too
Biology:
- mindmap content in summary qs
- fact sheets on less confident bits (only you can assess this)
- summary qs in cgp guides
- exam style qs in cgp guides
- questions from spec papers or exam q guide
Chemistry:
- quantitative chemistry methods as the marks are easy and if you know the process you can get them easily
- revision summary qs
- exam style qs
- questions from papers and workbooks as practice makes perfect in chemistry
Physics :
- learn how to use the equations in longer and less structured calculations
- learn definitions as they can be really helpful
- make sure you are comfortable with the theory by using revision summaries and cgp questions
- when confident try application questions from workbooks etc. - the only way to improve this is practice
emmaml06
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by d0nkey_dude)
Most of it is just learning the content, once you’re confident at it try practising papers from the old spec and specimen papers for the new one. I got an 8 in biology and 7 in chem/physics
thanks, congrats on your results x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (136)
58.87%
No (52)
22.51%
Not sure (43)
18.61%

Watched Threads