The Student Room Group

Boyfriend doesn't ever text or initiate facetiming first

My boyfriend and I go to the same uni and have a generally good relationship, we are able to talk about things clearly. But when we are at home we live in different cities and don't see each other often. I find it annoying that whenever we text or facetime I'm always the one to initiate it or text first. When we do text and facetime its usually fine and he is enthusiastic and wants to carry on the conversation but it is starting to annoy me that I am always the one to have to initiate. I'm starting to feel like he doesn't want to talk. I understand we don't have to talk 24/7 but it would be nice if he could send me a text just asking how I am. I feel like if I mention this I sound clingy which is a bit silly as communication is key in a relationship.
Reply 1
You won't sound clingy, just talk to him about it
Talk to him about it.
dont text until he does. If it takes weeks for him to initiate, beat him up
i wouldnt worry about it too much. guys arent that attentive, if you have a problem, just straight up go talk to him. he probs wont understand any hints you leave
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I go to the same uni and have a generally good relationship, we are able to talk about things clearly. But when we are at home we live in different cities and don't see each other often. I find it annoying that whenever we text or facetime I'm always the one to initiate it or text first. When we do text and facetime its usually fine and he is enthusiastic and wants to carry on the conversation but it is starting to annoy me that I am always the one to have to initiate. I'm starting to feel like he doesn't want to talk. I understand we don't have to talk 24/7 but it would be nice if he could send me a text just asking how I am. I feel like if I mention this I sound clingy which is a bit silly as communication is key in a relationship.

Maybe don’t text him for a few days? He might be so used to you initiating conversation that he doesn’t think he needs to try and talk to you. I Tried this with a guy I was seeing a few months back and after a few days he ended up texting me first and now we both initiate the conversations. You might find he will miss you if you haven’t text him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending