Court files Watch

CharleneH87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi guys

Does anyone know if you can read court files online.. Im starting llb law next month and thought it might be interesting to read some court cases online. I searched luton crown court and it comes up with case numbers but doesn’t let me read anything on there other than a step by step “witness 1” “trial adjourned” etc etc no actual detailing.

Thanks 😀
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
No, Crown Court "judgments" do not have as much detail as the judgments of other senior courts. Best you're gonna get is a closing remark given by a judge, which will restate the facts as established and usually give a little reprimand. https://www.judiciary.uk/court/crown-court/

You should also appreciate that an LLB will mostly be about non-criminal law. If you want detailed judgments of "courts", there is no reason this should be limited to the Crown Court. Prepare yourself for contract, tort, equity, land, EU, constitutional law.

If you wanna look at important criminal cases, Bailii has a list of the most significant ones: http://www.bailii.org/openlaw/crime.html. These coming from the High Court and Court of Appeal mainly, and all quite old.
CharleneH87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thank you that’s great, yes I’ve had a look at all the core areas I will be learning, just criminal law is more what I’m looking forward to if I’m honest.
Thank you for your help
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (64)
15.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (42)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
18.8%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (45)
10.84%
How can I be the best version of myself? (126)
30.36%

Watched Threads