The Student Room Group
Do "bad" experiences that turned out to be quite good count?
Original post by ScrewTheExams

YASSSS
Reply 3
This thread would probably get way more responses if you posted somewhere with anonymous posting
Original post by shussein295
Just curious what the best and worst experiences are to be honest.

Original post by ScrewTheExams

YASSSS

Well, it's not really that bad of an experience compared to others :biggrin: but anyways... I thought I had completely bottled my a levels and was stressed throughout the whole summer. I was already considering where to retake year 13 and stuff, and was worried that my life is turning upside down :s-smilie: :biggrin:, my parents wanted to kill me (not literally of course But they were really mad when I told them).

Results day came, I logged onto UCAS Track (uni application service) at 8 am and I see that I was rejected from my firm (Which was a good uni), and insurance which was ranked around the 50-60th in the UK (pretty average). At that point I didn't know what to do - even though I "thought" it would happen. I got rejected from my unis and thought that I got terrible grades apart from one ok one for a levels.
I went to school to get my results anyway, and was dreading how bad Clearing will be (since an average uni even rejected me.) I got my results and... I was actually surprised, my grades were way better than I thought they would be (But not good enough to get into my firm or insurance uni) so I still had to go through Clearing - was really scared.

The advisor at my school was crap and told me I should call average/lower ranked unis (as my course is really competitive). I got an offer from one and I was happy at the time that I actually got an offer after thinking that I failed completely.

Later I went home, called a few more universities, a top7 uni in the UK said they would've considered me if I had 1 grade higher :s-smilie: but..

I eventually got a place at a top10 russel group university through clearing despite being rejected by a 50th (and my firm) uni and thinking that I have failed and ruined my life. :smile: I got really lucky and it went way better than I thought. :smile:

Not the best story/experience 😂😂😂 but here you go.
Original post by 3121
This thread would probably get way more responses if you posted somewhere with anonymous posting

OMG how do I do that?
best experience - ever single time i'm on stage. i love performing and i can't quite explain the thrill i get when everyone is watching me waiting for my next moves. especially when i'm making people laugh or i have a solo.

worst experience - plenty. only one i feel comfortable sharing was when i got locked in a closet by my bullies when i was a lot younger. looking back it was minor but at the time it was so frightening. i was in there for more than an hour which made it so much worse. oh and i didn't speak english properly either so i kept it to myself.
best - my first acid trip
worst - my second acid trip
Worst Experience: breakup during the summer of 2014 with my GF of the time

Best Experience: My one and only Ketamine trip when I was 18/19? Haven't experienced anything like it before or since, completely indescribable!
Worst experience: running away to London, and at night I had to sleep rough under a bush the worst about it wasn't the danger, it was that I was in the lowest part of my life, I was going to attempt suicide, but I was extremely tired and broken down to my deepest feelings

Best experience: Depression to the point I cooperated with it, that it comforted me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Erm, best experience was graduating with a first in 2016. Worst was finding out one of my best friends killed themselves back in 2015.
Best - Falling in love and for them to be in love with me too
Worst - Mental health conditions and the problems, struggles and misconceptions that come with them
Reply 12
OMG how do I do that?

Post under everyday issues or just look for a relevant/simlar thread that has anon then post in that section

Best experience: either spending time with my friends a year and a half ago and just feeling so accepted and cared about, or getting my first boyfriend when I thought I’d always be alone.

Worst experience: sixth form. I made the huge mistake of staying on at my secondary school, where I didn’t have anyone. I had a terrible flare-up of anxiety which lasted around 8 months where I felt like I was going to die and that I had a brain tumour. I stopped drinking out of plastic bottles because I was paranoid about getting cancer, and switched to this really weird deodorant that smelled bad and didn’t work, because it didn’t have antiperspirant in it (thought to cause cancer). I had no friends and was constantly getting told off by the teachers because my work was bad, as I had no motivation. Was getting picked on. Took loads of days off and generally couldn’t cope. Was constantly crying.
(edited 5 years ago)

The worst experience of my life I was 5 year suddenly earthquick came so I did not know what is that after 10 minutes I went home I saw my town was destroyed the people are crying and I understood it's like doom so many people died and many home fall down.that is my point

Latest