The Student Room Group

Height

I am 15 years old, nearly a year I have grown 1 cm! my height is 163cm, is there anyways how I can grow taller. Sports and Diet is one thing I know and I'm doing my best.
Have you had a growth spurt yet?

Genetics is what controls your height, literally nothing else does
have you had a growth spurt yet? If so then you won't grow much more; all you can do is stand up straight and wear thick sole shoes.
Reply 3
Lol I'm nearly a foot taller than you (and I would rather stop growing!). Just wear tall shoes. Swim and do other exercises like that. Did you measure your height in the morning or afternoon? For some people, you could be up to 2cm taller in the morning than in the afternoon/evening.
Reply 4
Original post by qwertyK
Lol I'm nearly a foot taller than you (and I would rather stop growing!). Just wear tall shoes. Swim and do other exercises like that. Did you measure your height in the morning or afternoon? For some people, you could be up to 2cm taller in the morning than in the afternoon/evening.

morning
Reply 5
Original post by OkThanksBye
have you had a growth spurt yet? If so then you won't grow much more; all you can do is stand up straight and wear thick sole shoes.

thick sole shoes????
I think I may have it. During year 7-8, I grew up by ~5 cm every year, until in year 9 it's ~3 cm and now ~1cm.
I literally hate to have any disease like growth hormone disease, Injection sounds really awful and painful.
Reply 6
Original post by Song Quan
thick sole shoes????
I think I may have it. During year 7-8, I grew up by ~5 cm every year, until in year 9 it's ~3 cm and now ~1cm.
I literally hate to have any disease like growth hormone disease, Injection sounds really awful and painful.

TBH, by 15, most growth spurts are finished. What year did you start puberty? When did your dad start? You would usually start around the same time as your dad. Also, how tall is your dad? On average, boys are usually a bit taller than their dads, 1-2 inches, and 3-4 inches taller than their mother.
Reply 7
Original post by qwertyK
TBH, by 15, most growth spurts are finished. What year did you start puberty? When did your dad start? You would usually start around the same time as your dad. Also, how tall is your dad? On average, boys are usually a bit taller than their dads, 1-2 inches, and 3-4 inches taller than their mother.

My puberty started at year 8 December, my dad is about ~178cm tall and my mum is ~155cm tall
Reply 8
Original post by Song Quan
My puberty started at year 8 December, my dad is about ~178cm tall and my mum is ~155cm tall

You started very late IMO it seems. I started around 11 - but maybe I was early. You will have some more time left

Quick Reply

Latest