Imzy010
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
im interested in law and would like to go further in it, im thinking of doing a law apprenticeship instead of a law degree in UNI and becoming a solicitor as it takes the same amount of time except im getting paid and gaining hands-on experience compared to just studying which i find extremely non-stimulating and have struggled with so far (ive got good grades so far in my A levels) tbh.

BUT ..... im finding it really hard to find ANY apprenticeships in Law ...
i searched on the GOV website but literally, 0 came up in London for law apprenticeships that allow you to be a solicitor. have i missed some sort of deadline? im currently about to go in year 13 and ive been searching about it to find law apprenticeships so i can apply beforehand or at least find some firms that offer it but i am soo lost. There aren't many websites or firms that allow you to be an apprentice up to the solicitor level, most only go up to the paralegal level or 'legal executive'...

how do i find a good law apprenticeship that lets me go to the solicitor level? ive found, you have to find each firm and apply separately on their website, not from one website where you have a selection to choose from. and even then most of them ive found have no available vacations...

Help?
xannypunanny
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That is the unfortunate reality. There's no shortcut. I had to research for many hours for days when I was applying, gathering firm names from articles, Twitter, gov uk and everything. I wrote a list of the firm names (or whatever employer eg M&S) and the dates they opened for application and crossed them off as I went along.

Btw, legal executive ones might be good as you can cross-qualify as a solicitor. I think 3 of the solicitor apprentices at my firm did a paralegal apprenticeship before the solicitor apprenticeship.

Always happy to answer any questions about my experience on the solicitor apprenticeship - I started a few months ago at the end of Sept.
s0phiec
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi OP - fcmcmurray and I are solicitor apprentices at Withers and have made an official thread if any of you have questions we could answer :-)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post81495336
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.42%
I'm not sure (41)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (283)
30.24%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (453)
48.4%

Watched Threads