The Student Room Group

TOTUM NUS extra card

Hello everyone!

As a first-year uni student, I recently received an offer from UCAS to get signed up for a TOTUM discount card for students. I was quite happy about getting it in the first place, but then someone has planted seeds of doubt in my mind, saying how useless it really is, and now I am totally confused as to what to do.

If anyone, who uses the card or who is more knowledgeable about it, could shed the light on this matter, I'd be grateful!

Especially, in terms of how economically wise it is, and also if I can get other discounts, apart from those listed on their website.

Thank you in advance!
Original post by kiki12w
Hello everyone!

As a first-year uni student, I recently received an offer from UCAS to get signed up for a TOTUM discount card for students. I was quite happy about getting it in the first place, but then someone has planted seeds of doubt in my mind, saying how useless it really is, and now I am totally confused as to what to do.

If anyone, who uses the card or who is more knowledgeable about it, could shed the light on this matter, I'd be grateful!

Especially, in terms of how economically wise it is, and also if I can get other discounts, apart from those listed on their website.

Thank you in advance!

It's fairly useless imo. You can often get student discounts just by showing your university card in shops, or use a free site like UNIDAYS for discounts online.
Original post by kiki12w
Hello everyone!

Thank you in advance!

Unidays is free and has same deals
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
It's fairly useless imo. You can often get student discounts just by showing your university card in shops, or use a free site like UNIDAYS for discounts online.

Thank you very much!
Reply 4
Original post by Student1191
Unidays is free and has same deals

Thank you!
do totum cards have photo ID on the back ?
Original post by oliver1211
do totum cards have photo ID on the back ?

They do have your photo on the back yes, but they aren't a valid form of ID (i.e. it will not be accepted by clubs, banks, supermarkets etc.). You will need a passport or driving licence for that.
It's god awful, I've been trying to contact them for three weeks and heard nothing but they are still sending me automated adsThe card with I'd is what I applied for a it was falsely advertised that all you needed was your student number or email to proof who you areBut after PURCHASING IT they then ask for photo id and if they don't get it they send the card without at the same price you paidI've paid £35 for a piece of garbage with the same offers than uni days which is freeThis is a massive scam why would I purchase id if i already had it and it doesn't tell you any of this until you pay for itUtterly ridiculous, and with god awful customer service
Reply 8
Save your money - TOTUM is a total rip-off, offering rubbish discounts (most of which already exists, so no special student discount) and especially nasty because it’s supposed to come from the so-called

Quick Reply

Latest