The Student Room Group

Is Computer Science suitable for me?

I was just wondering whether or not CS is a good degree for simply building logic skills; and has application outside of IT. For example, If I wanted to could I do a masters in electrical engineering or applied mathematics? I just wonder if Computer Science is a flexible degree, and whether or not it is only for people that would like to work with computers/programming. Thankyou
Original post by Takeonme44
I was just wondering whether or not CS is a good degree for simply building logic skills; and has application outside of IT. For example, If I wanted to could I do a masters in electrical engineering or applied mathematics? I just wonder if Computer Science is a flexible degree, and whether or not it is only for people that would like to work with computers/programming. Thankyou

CS is a science.. a formal science really at its core - you're not limited by doing *programming* just because you study CS.

masters degrees in engineering usually ask for any science/numerate degree, mathematics is also possible since maths is a big part of CS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Takeonme44

CS is discreet mathematics

Quick Reply

Latest