stellaella
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, anyone who has done Economics at A-Level and also either chemistry/maths/sociology A-level, how would you rank the subjects in terms of difficulty??
I've experienced doing the ones listed above and am curious to how economics compares.
Is succeeding in economics down to memorising a lot of content or exam practice or both? How hard/easy is it to understand?
Does it depend on what exam board you do?
AdamWinter
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by stellaella)
Hi, anyone who has done Economics at A-Level and also either chemistry/maths/sociology A-level, how would you rank the subjects in terms of difficulty??
I've experienced doing the ones listed above and am curious to how economics compares.
Is succeeding in economics down to memorising a lot of content or exam practice or both? How hard/easy is it to understand?
Does it depend on what exam board you do?
I didn't do sociology but I'd say that Chemistry is the hardest, then Economics then Maths.
Economics has a good amount of content but once you cover it all and get good exam/essay technique it's quite simple.
stellaella
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
thanks so much for the help
username4167060
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing Economics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. If I had to rank them in terms of difficulty it would be: Further Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Maths, with maths being the easiest. Memorisation is more important in chemistry than economics but higher analytical and evaluative skills are required for economics. Personally, I find understanding each individual economic theories and concepts rather easy but having to link them and make a chain of reasoning is challenging. If you're aiming for A* then extra knowledge from wider reading is also desirable. I've finished maths (pure, statistics and mechanics) in a year and I think the exam questions are pretty straightforward; also not much memorisation and if you've done plenty of practice throughout the year revision is a breeze, compared to economics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.37%
Okay (64)
29.77%
A bit lacking (81)
37.67%
Not good at all (52)
24.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed