The Student Room Group

Ionic equations

Hi, how do you write ionic equations?
Original post by larissa67
Hi, how do you write ionic equations?

Just show the actual ions and molecules that are involved in the reaction. Do not include any spectator ions.
Reply 2
Original post by charco
Just show the actual ions and molecules that are involved in the reaction. Do not include any spectator ions.

Thank you for your help. How do I know which are the ions/molecules involved in the reaction and which ones are the spectator ions?
Reply 3
Thank you for your help. How do I know which are the ions/molecules involved in the reaction and which ones are the spectator ions?

Hey,

I’ve done a walkthrough of one (photo attached) and left a question at the bottom for you to try which I’ll have a look at when you’ve done it if you want?

I did my GCSEs this year and got a 9 in all three sciences- the one thing I struggled with the most was ionic equations, but if you keep trying you get there eventually and it feels great when you do!

Any questions just ask and if you post your working for the question I left on the image of my working I’ll take a look and correct you anywhere if necessary. :smile:

735EAA27-6C3A-4027-A341-C82ABC01B3B3.jpg.jpeg
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by WL18
Hey,

I’ve done a walkthrough of one (photo attached) and left a question at the bottom for you to try which I’ll have a look at when you’ve done it if you want?

I did my GCSEs this year and got a 9 in all three sciences- the one thing I struggled with the most was ionic equations, but if you keep trying you get there eventually and it feels great when you do!

Any questions just ask and if you post your working for the question I left on the image of my working I’ll take a look and correct you anywhere if necessary. :smile:

735EAA27-6C3A-4027-A341-C82ABC01B3B3.jpg.jpeg

Wow thank you so much for your help!! I really appreciate it:smile:
Amazing results by the way, are you planning on doing sciences for a level (if you are planning to do them)?

I have done your example, it would be great if you could check it for me:smile: 5BD36C43-1195-4FDD-AFAC-69274E2B6EA5.jpg.jpeg
[quote(Original post by larissa67)]Wow thank you so much for your help!! I really appreciate it:smile:
Amazing results by the way, are you planning on doing sciences for a level (if you are planning to do them)?

I have done your example, it would be great if you could check it for me:smile: 5BD36C43-1195-4FDD-AFAC-69274E2B6EA5.jpg.jpeg
:yep: that's right!
Reply 6
Wow thank you so much for your help!! I really appreciate it:smile:

That’s absolutely right, well done!

It took me months to learn that - I just couldn’t get it somehow!

I’m going on to do Chemistry, Biology and Psychology next year. I also got a 9 in maths so my teachers really wanted me to do A-Level maths but I’ve resisted because I think three hard sciences as they would be known would be too much at A-Level, and I enjoyed English and Psychology is somewhat a compromise between a science and English which seems perfect with two sciences.

If you need anymore help with anything let me know, I found the most challenging topics in GCSE AQA Chemistry (which will probably cross over to other exam boards too) to be Le Chatelier’s principal, Concentration calculations and of course ionic equations...but you’re fine with ionic equations now!

Any more questions feel free to ask!
Reply 7
Original post by WL18
That’s absolutely right, well done!

It took me months to learn that - I just couldn’t get it somehow!

I’m going on to do Chemistry, Biology and Psychology next year. I also got a 9 in maths so my teachers really wanted me to do A-Level maths but I’ve resisted because I think three hard sciences as they would be known would be too much at A-Level, and I enjoyed English and Psychology is somewhat a compromise between a science and English which seems perfect with two sciences.

If you need anymore help with anything let me know, I found the most challenging topics in GCSE AQA Chemistry (which will probably cross over to other exam boards too) to be Le Chatelier’s principal, Concentration calculations and of course ionic equations...but you’re fine with ionic equations now!

Any more questions feel free to ask!

Yay thank you so much!

Guess what - I’m currently studying chemistry biology and psychology at a level.

I really enjoy biology and psychology, chemistry is challenging for me at times as my maths isn’t as good as yours but you should be fine! I think you have made the right decision to do psychology instead of maths, I also enjoyed English and was good at it at GCSE so it’s one of my easier subjects:smile:

I do Edexcel biology and psychology and CIE chemistry. Thanks again for your help and i’ll be sure to ask you any questions as you seem really good at exposing things:wink:
Reply 8
Lol i meant *explaining
Reply 9
Yay thank you so much!

Guess what - I’m currently studying chemistry biology and psychology at a level.

I really enjoy biology and psychology, chemistry is challenging for me at times as my maths isn’t as good as yours but you should be fine! I think you have made the right decision to do psychology instead of maths, I also enjoyed English and was good at it at GCSE so it’s one of my easier subjects:smile:

I do Edexcel biology and psychology and CIE chemistry. Thanks again for your help and i’ll be sure to ask you any questions as you seem really good at exposing things:wink:

Wow, that’s some coincidence!

I’m doing OCR A Chemistry and Biology and AQA Psychology next year. I’m actually sitting here now starting to learn the electronegativity and polarity content for Chemistry.

I could DM you my email if you want for if you have any more questions- I don’t always check here. The only problem is that I’m not actually sure how to send one...

Good luck with your A-Levels and if you want me to send you my email if you DM me I could reply with it.

Quick Reply

Latest