The Student Room Group

My GCSE grades

Maths- 6 (very happy with!!! Teacher told me I’d fail)
English lit - 6 (remark 1 mark off)
English Lang- 4 (error in my paper 2)
Geography-9
RE-9
Media- A
Combined science- 8-7 (A*-A)
Spanish-6

So these were the GCSE grades I achieved in the June 2018 examination series. On results day I was really happy with it, having my mother besides me. Yet I bursted into tears like a little b**ch because I don’t think I did well enough, they’re not the greatest grades and teachers all over were still praising me for them. English was the biggest shock because of the (now found) error in one of my papers. I know a 4 must be really good for someone else but everyone has different expectations that will make them great. I feel like an actual failure and wish I did better. Sh*t grades.
(edited 5 years ago)
please stop they are good grades, atleast you could do a levels, if still not happy get it remarked
Reply 2
Original post by taranmistry
please stop they are good grades, atleast you could do a levels, if still not happy get it remarked

I know I just underestimate myself a lot and I don’t know how to stop
They're good grades don't think about what you haven't managed to get but think of what you HAVE achieved.
Reply 4
Hard work has paid off (: I hope you get grade 7 for english lit and english lang. You still passed and have the opportunity to do A-levels.
They’re really not bad grades! If we exclude your English language which had an error, it’s 6s and above. That’s not bad by any means.
Reply 6
Original post by gcse2k19
Hard work has paid off (: I hope you get grade 7 for english lit and english lang. You still passed and have the opportunity to do A-levels.

Yeah you’re right because I still get to do what I wanted to do initially
Reply 7
Original post by Conniestitution
They’re really not bad grades! If we exclude your English language which had an error, it’s 6s and above. That’s not bad by any means.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest