Lmao tsr Watch

Bogotá
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...the-curriculum

What the actual **** is this hahahahah. Jesus the stuff this website comes out with...
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was sponsored by the uni.

TSR HQ is drowning in money
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:laugh:
Bogotá
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grade A)
It was sponsored by the uni.

TSR HQ is drowning in money
Makes me cringe so hard
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Someone provide a TLDR
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dr Hawthorne argues the importance of considering what colonialism is, with regards to this debate. "It's about imposing western traditions on the rest of the world, with the idea that the west had this time of enlightenment that is vital for us all to follow," she says. "It's important to question this narrative."

"Arabic thoughts influenced influenced many modern philosophers, through to maths and science." The thousands of years that China spent in deep philosophical thought is also rarely covered in western philosophy curriculum."

What's wrong with these ideas exactly?
Bogotá
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Dr Hawthorne argues the importance of considering what colonialism is, with regards to this debate. "It's about imposing western traditions on the rest of the world, with the idea that the west had this time of enlightenment that is vital for us all to follow," she says. "It's important to question this narrative."

"Arabic thoughts influenced influenced many modern philosophers, through to maths and science." The thousands of years that China spent in deep philosophical thought is also rarely covered in western philosophy curriculum."

What's wrong with these ideas exactly?
Oh come on you know you’ve cherry picked like crazy
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bogotá)
Oh come on you know you’ve cherry picked like crazy
If cherry-picking is selecting the key point of the article and displaying it, then yes, I cherry-picked. I'm even proud of being a cherry-picker.

Whilst they are at it, it would be good to change the name of the college. 'Oriental' in particular is a derogatory colonialist term. The whole basis of the name of SOAS is about British imperial colonising.
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
good article.
Bogotá
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
If cherry-picking is selecting the key point of the article and displaying it, then yes, I cherry-picked. I'm even proud of being a cherry-picker.

Whilst they are at it, it would be good to change the name of the college. 'Oriental' in particular is a derogatory colonialist term. The whole basis of the name of SOAS is about British imperial colonising.
But that’s not the main focus? The title of the post on FB itself is like “university is too white male doninated?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.42%
It's just nice to be back! (180)
27.27%
Not great so far... (238)
36.06%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.24%

Watched Threads