The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

Another kings hopeful

GCSEs 6xA*, 4xA, 1xB
A Level predicted 3xA*
UKCAT 720 band 1

I really liked the feel of Kings from all the open days I visited, and the anatomy option for intercalation looked great. Everyone was so friendly and I’d love to study in London for the first part of the course at least.

Good luck everyone 😎
Reply 21
Hi guys,
I'm also a Kings hopeful!

GCSEs: 3x9, 5xA* and 2xA
A Level predicted: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 757.5 Band 2 (VR 670, DM 750, QR 860, AR 750)

I really enjoyed seeing Kings at the open day.
I haven't seen any other unis yet so cant make any comparisons!

Good Luck everyone!
(edited 5 years ago)
does anyone have a number i can call for medical admission team? i cant find one on the website
Reply 23
GCSE's: 10 A*, 1A
AS: 4 A's
Ukcat: 672.5 average and band 4 :tongue:

The only problem i have is the band 4 so i'm wondering if anyone knew how heavily they concentrate on the band 4?

Also to people who are struggling with timing, just guess the ones you don't know or will take longer than e.g. 50 seconds on QR. and for SJT literally go with your gut bc i was getting band 2 in mocks but look at how that turned out lmao
Original post by Miri_j
GCSE's: 10 A*, 1A
AS: 4 A's
Ukcat: 672.5 average and band 4 :tongue:

The only problem i have is the band 4 so i'm wondering if anyone knew how heavily they concentrate on the band 4?

Also to people who are struggling with timing, just guess the ones you don't know or will take longer than e.g. 50 seconds on QR. and for SJT literally go with your gut bc i was getting band 2 in mocks but look at how that turned out lmao

Even though the score and GCSEs are incredible, the band 4 is going to mean that a lot of unis (including kings) won’t consider your application further...
Reply 25
Original post by Samanthaplague
Even though the score and GCSEs are incredible, the band 4 is going to mean that a lot of unis (including kings) won’t consider your application further...

unfortunately Samanthaplague is right.
check out Southampton?
Some options for you (sorry my enter button doesn't seem to be working)- Bristol (this is the first year that they are 100% UKCAT so the cut off is likely to be high- may be a risky option), Cardiff (I think they also weigh the PS this year so could be subjective- shouldn't be a problem if you PS is excellent), Exeter (if you have a 3A* prediction then having a UKCAT of 667 or above should be enough), St Andrews- your score is more than enough for it and the SJT is only used in borderline cases, UEA, SGUL...
Reply 27
Some options for you (sorry my enter button doesn't seem to be working)- Bristol (this is the first year that they are 100% UKCAT so the cut off is likely to be high- may be a risky option), Cardiff (I think they also weigh the PS this year so could be subjective- shouldn't be a problem if you PS is excellent), Exeter (if you have a 3A* prediction then having a UKCAT of 667 or above should be enough), St Andrews- your score is more than enough for it and the SJT is only used in borderline cases, UEA, SGUL...

Yeah, i've found quite a lot of uni's. My top choice is Glasgow. I am considering bristol bc my grades are good and my UKCAT is just about avg. Thanks a lot (:
Reply 28
Original post by mnnbv
unfortunately Samanthaplague is right.
check out Southampton?

Yep, southampton doesn't consider sjt, which is great. Alongside some other uni's which this thread says:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5560626&p=79655422#post79655422
Reply 29
King's is definitely my first choice; I loved it when I visited!

GCSEs: 8A*, 2A
UKCAT: 682.5, Band 2 SJT
A-Level Predictions: A*A*A

Really hope I'll get an interview, but I'm worried that my UKCAT score is a bit too low... :/
IGCSE's - 9A*, 2AAS levels - AAABA levels currently doing them, hopefully A*AA/AAAUKCAT 682.5, band 1is ukcat too low????.....
Original post by Katie.12
IGCSE's - 9A*, 2AAS levels - AAABA levels currently doing them, hopefully A*AA/AAAUKCAT 682.5, band 1is ukcat too low????.....

No it’s fine
Hey guys! I'm a 4th year Barts Medic. If anyone needs any help/ assistance with their applications, feel free to message me! I have a lot of experience in this, all Medicine applicants I've helped have got offers into Medicine. I can review personal statements to make sure it's the best standard to receive interviews and do one-to-one tailored interview tuition (for panel or MMI)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 33
is a ukcat score of 677 band 2 too low?
I’m considering KCL and this is my profile:
GCSE- 9,8,8,8 A*s and an A
A Level predicted- 4A*s
Work Experience- 3 days in a hospital and 9 months and counting with mencap
Extra Curricular- Dance, House captain, public lectures, read some books, competitions
UKCAT- 665 Band 2

Is this okay for Kings. I’ve asked lots of people and some say that my UKCAT score is competitive for Kings some are saying it’s below the cut off and the uni told me that getting above 650 is a good score. I’m going to apply regardless but I’m so confused about my UKCAT score and whether or not it’s good

My friend just got into King's this year with pretty much the same stats. She was predicted 2 A*s and 2 As. She got A*AA and is now studying a King's so fingers crossed you get in. You can do it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by iniajayi
My friend just got into King's this year with pretty much the same stats. Sh was predicted 2 A*s and 2 As. She got A*AA and is now studying a King's so fingers crossed you get in.

What was her GCSEs/ UKCAT?
What was her GCSEs/ UKCAT?

Same as yours
Original post by iniajayi
Same as yours

Oh really? Wow, maybe its worth the risk then! Was her interview quite late?
Oh really? Wow, maybe its worth the risk then! Was her interview quite late?

Her interview was late yes. January time.
Also looking at KCL, my profile is:

GCSEs: 10A*s, 1 A (German)
A-Level predictions: A*, A*, A
EPQ: no grade as yet
UKCAT: 675 band 2
Work experience: 3 days in hospital, local charity volunteering with disabled children, NHS Foundation Trust volunteering with the elderly. Family business - various tasks, flu jab clinic, stable yard management
Extra curricular: Biology year prize, 1st in school essay competition, Cambridge masterclass, cricket, horse riding, school choir

Latest

Trending

Trending