Applying to medicine in London with grades AAA Watch

anikaberries
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi,
So I'm a student who just got their A-Level results.
Biology , A
Chemistry, A
Maths, A

I had been rejected from all medical schools so have planned to take a gap year to reapply. I have no choice but to go to a university within London due to personal issues.

Nearly all the medical schools within london (excluding St Georges) require A*AA. Therefore my question is... what are chances in getting into these medical schools in london (Barts, Kings,UCL etc) with grades AAA?

I have heard of someone who had achieved A*AB and have gotten into Kings after a gap year last year.

Would these Universities be lenient towards my grades? I cant get a remark for any of my subjects to bring them up to an A* so I have to stick with AAA.

If I get a high UKCAT or BMAT score will that help improve my chances? or will they flat out reject me based on my grades?

please help

Edit: I've also achieved 3A* and 7A at GCSE if that helps
Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Imperial need AAA for 2019 entry. Where did you apply last year and what was ur ukcat/bmat scores ?
anikaberries
Rep:
?
(Original post by lion-tiger)
Imperial need AAA for 2019 entry. Where did you apply last year and what was ur ukcat/bmat scores ?
I applied to Imperial,UCL,Kings EMDP and Barts

i did poorly in my UKCAT and BMAT. UKCAT average 620 band 2
and BMAT i got 2.3 4.9 and 2.5B

But I am retaking my UKCAT and BMAT this year so i can hopefully learn from my mistakes and do alot better.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by anikaberries)
I applied to Imperial,UCL,Kings EMDP and Barts

i did poorly in my UKCAT and BMAT. UKCAT average 620 band 2
and BMAT i got 2.3 4.9 and 2.5B

But I am retaking my UKCAT and BMAT this year so i can hopefully learn from my mistakes and do alot better.
620 would be my literal goal for uckat lol, let's just say I'm not doing so well, hope you do better this year for UCKAT i'm sure you will
Imperial this year is 3A's which is good, just also make your PS really bang, is well.
anikaberries
Rep:
?
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
620 would be my literal goal for uckat lol, let's just say I'm not doing so well, hope you do better this year for UCKAT i'm sure you will
Imperial this year is 3A's which is good, just also make your PS really bang, is well.
Thank you soo much! Dont worry about the UKCAT - You WILL improve just keep practicing. Good luck with your medical school application!

I'm quite shocked imperial had lowered their entry requirement... it was A*AA last year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (81)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (140)
17.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (116)
14.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (252)
30.62%

Watched Threads