The Student Room Group

A-level choices: what Maths board is best?

For A-level maths, does anyone know which board has a reputation for being the ‘easiest’ - what spec is most student-friendly? AQA? Edexcel?

Before I get hung drawn and quartered for being lazy, I’m homeschooled and already definitely doing 5 other A-levels - just don’t think I should drop maths. At the same time, since I have the option, would rather choose the easiest spec.

Thanks in advance!!
Original post by Unstudioustudent
For A-level maths, does anyone know which board has a reputation for being the ‘easiest’ - what spec is most student-friendly? AQA? Edexcel?

Before I get hung drawn and quartered for being lazy, I’m homeschooled and already definitely doing 5 other A-levels - just don’t think I should drop maths. At the same time, since I have the option, would rather choose the easiest spec.

Thanks in advance!!

All of the boards have past papers available online, why not look at them to see which you are more comfortable with?
[Even if this post doesn't help it acts as a bump :tongue: ]
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Unstudioustudent

Thanks in advance!!

The new A level specifications are almost identical, though the question style and distribution of content into different papers does vary. Since there has only been one set of exams for the new specifications, comparing perceptions of difficulty would be pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest