The Student Room Group

Buggery in my land of relationship

Heya,
I'm in guy problem, i'm going out witht his guy, I like him heaps, he likes me heaps, but then there's my best friend whose a best friend to both of us and like, they are so talkative to each other and leave me out sooo much i feel like screaming! My other friend says I shouldn't fret, but I mean! Like I'm envious! And I think it's bad on thier behalf anyways.
I don't know what to do, because I like being with him and I don't want to loose him but I'm just so confused!
Well yeah...
My sis reckons I should dump him but then, like why?
GRRRRRRR
confusion
terrible
Reply 1
Jinx
Heya,
I'm in guy problem, i'm going out witht his guy, I like him heaps, he likes me heaps, but then there's my best friend whose a best friend to both of us and like, they are so talkative to each other and leave me out sooo much i feel like screaming! My other friend says I shouldn't fret, but I mean! Like I'm envious! And I think it's bad on thier behalf anyways.
I don't know what to do, because I like being with him and I don't want to loose him but I'm just so confused!
Well yeah...
GRRRRRRR
confusion
terrible

It seems as though this best friend is jealous, either because she feels that your relationship is taking attention away from her, or because she wants the guy. Either way, just dont do anything that will suggest you are getting paranoid or overly protective, it'll just make you look pathetic.
Reply 2
Jinx
Heya,
Well yeah...
GRRRRRRR
confusion
terrible

Your sisters got a point. This guy is feeding his ego at your expense, and if he really cares about you he shouldnt be jeopardising his relationship by doing something as annoying as remaining 'best friends' with your mate! Its a horrible triangle to be caught up in - you cant even gossip to your friend about him cos she might carry the tales back.
I think if you like him too much to dump him a little bit of game playing is called for - he needs to be taught not to take you for granted and forced to do some running! If he wants to be with your friend leave them alone together. You are acting like a doormat by spending time with them in the role of gooseberry! Better to detach from it- you have better things to do than be with them; like going out with other girlfriends, being 'mates' with other lads! Be nice to him when he is with you and giving you his sole undivided attention but withdraw from any competition with your friend so he has to be with you or her - not sat there like a big old ego swollen thorn between two roses!
Reply 3
Jinx
Heya,
Well yeah...
GRRRRRRR
confusion
terrible

Do you know what i have the same problem. I have been with my bloke 15 months and i still feel like this. The biggest problem i have with it is the fact that she likes to exclude me from things that they are doing. We went to stay with her in York and it was horrible. I wanted to go home from the minute we got there. It was really bad. Luckily i had my best mate with me.
I know what you mean though perhaps you should explain how you are feeling about it. If he likes you enough and your best friend is your best friend than they should respect how you are feeling.
Reply 4
don't get yourself worked up about it it will only make you angry or even depressed you do not need this have you got another friend that oyu can talk to about this! a problem shared is a problem halved!
Reply 5
Listen, you're fretting about nowt. He is boosting his ego it's obvious. The question is how much integrity does this other girl have? If she is your mate, then she shouldn't make any moves....but... then again, can you really trust her?

If you want to get his attention without seeming clingy, start talking to some other guys when he is with you. Watch him sit up and take notice then!

It could of course backfire. I would be most dischuffed if a missus of mine started talking (flirting) with other guys.

Hope it works out for you.

Make wise choices.
Reply 6
The title of this thread is misleading... I expected something else!
Reply 7
So did i, i think she used the wrong term.
Reply 8
G4ry
So did i, i think she used the wrong term.

It was false advertising! We should sue.
Reply 9
Show him your boobies. That'll remind him you're there. :wink: lol
Reply 10
Capricorn
Show him your boobies. That'll remind him you're there

And there's no way that will ever backfire. What a brilliant idea.
Reply 11
Mr White
And there's no way that will ever backfire. What a brilliant idea.

Thank you. I'm so glad you think it is. :smile:
Reply 12
Capricorn
Thank you. I'm so glad you think it is. :smile:

That's so funny I forgot to laugh.
Reply 13
Mr White
That's so funny I forgot to laugh.

Oh how witty you are. Suit you sir.
Reply 14
Capricorn
Oh how witty you are. Suit you sir.