The Student Room Group

dreading year 10

hi i’ve just finished year 9 and im about to start year 10 in about a week and i’m really dreading it

people keep saying “but you’ve dropped all the subjects you don’t like so now you can do the ones you DO like”

but that’s not the case because i don’t like school in general and the subjects i’ve chosen for GCSE i still hate.

has anyone who’s just finished y10 have any tips for getting through the year? :smile:
Original post by luna189
hi i’ve just finished year 9 and im about to start year 10 in about a week and i’m really dreading it

people keep saying “but you’ve dropped all the subjects you don’t like so now you can do the ones you DO like”

but that’s not the case because i don’t like school in general and the subjects i’ve chosen for GCSE i still hate.

has anyone who’s just finished y10 have any tips for getting through the year? :smile:

Take it one day at a time, keep up to date with the work and ask questions when you aren't sure.
Reply 2
Hi I have finished year 10 and I am going into year 11. Could you tell me your subjects please. Remember that if you make the best with what you got you will enjoy it.
Original post by luna189

What are the main reasons why you don't like school? Do you get on ok socially?
I guess the best advice is to just stick it out and then on leaving school you will be able to move onto something that you like more, possibly something more practical-based.
Tryig to engage fully with your subjects might make the time go quicker!
Reply 4
thanks everyone for the advice!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by silversocks012
What are the main reasons why you don't like school? Do you get on ok socially?
I guess the best advice is to just stick it out and then on leaving school you will be able to move onto something that you like more, possibly something more practical-based.
Tryig to engage fully with your subjects might make the time go quicker!

yeah i’m fine socially, i have one best friend but then a lot of people i talk to, it’s just the teachers are really strict and they don’t like me much and because i go to a grammar school they push us a lot
Reply 6
ok thank you so much! in our lessons we always go through the lesson objectives, like “be able to calculate .....” and i know people who write these down but i never have, maybe i’ll start to!
Reply 7
Original post by luna189

Keep remembering school isnt forever, literally I hated school, I ended up missing so many lessons in year 10 for personal reasons because of my mental health but honestly just focus on lessons and getting good marks and actually learning, school is a **** hole I know but it will fly by, I’m off to uni now and it seems like yesterday I was in the same position as you, focus on why you’re there- to get an education and to get into your next phase of your life whether that’s college or whatever
Hi I have just finished year 10 and by going off my experiences my advice would be to pay attention because especially if you are doing new subjects then it’s all new info so it’s better to understand it first time then learn all over again in year 11 but also try to enjoy it as much as you can because obviously everything’s starting to get more stressful with mocks n that so try and make the best of it x

Quick Reply

Latest