Kalahari99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Heya, so i'm off to uni in a couple of weeks, but really wanna be able to decorate my room nicely and generally just make it feel less bland Anyone got any tricks/tips, considering my uni says we can't put anything on the walls (except for the pinboard)?
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kalahari99)
Heya, so i'm off to uni in a couple of weeks, but really wanna be able to decorate my room nicely and generally just make it feel less bland Anyone got any tricks/tips, considering my uni says we can't put anything on the walls (except for the pinboard)?
Use command strips to put things on the wall! You can buy them from amazon. They’re completely damage free.
centraltrains
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ruthflame57)
Use command strips to put things on the wall! You can buy them from amazon. They’re completely damage free.
Unless you remove them incorrectly in which case they can take paint off.
ruthf
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by centraltrains)
Unless you remove them incorrectly in which case they can take paint off.
Luckily that hasn’t happened to me yet!!
oswalds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fairylights are popular because you can loop them over things without actually sticking them to the walls (In halls I had them around my pinboard, and in second year around the headboard of my bed and draped over the surfaces. You could also put pictures and posters in frames and just prop them up against walls if you have enough room. Fake or real plants also look nice, you can get them from Ikea pretty cheap, and unis normally do a plant sale in freshers week.
Kalahari99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks guys, I'll give fairy lights n command strips a try
happywhale
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by oswalds)
Fairylights are popular because you can loop them over things without actually sticking them to the walls (In halls I had them around my pinboard, and in second year around the headboard of my bed and draped over the surfaces. You could also put pictures and posters in frames and just prop them up against walls if you have enough room. Fake or real plants also look nice, you can get them from Ikea pretty cheap, and unis normally do a plant sale in freshers week.
I did the same with fairy lights! And Ikea cacti are ace
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.26%
I'm not sure (33)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (240)
30.89%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.16%

Watched Threads