The Student Room Group

Sharp stabbing pain in left side

Idk normally I wouldn't ask TSR about this kinda thing but I can't find any of my symptoms matching with stuff online and normally when I get this it goes after 5 minutes, but now it's been almost a whole day...

I don't know what I did or if I even did anything to provoke it but earlier today I just felt this stabbing pain out of nowhere on my left side, basically underneath my left breast and then around the ribs and up to my shoulder and back. Sometimes I get this but it goes away quickly but this has persisted.

At times it seems to get better but I can't take any deep breaths or yawn or laugh as I want to cry and I'm struggling to breathe. I feel it most if I change position and move.

I wouldn't say it's chest pain as it's more upper-left side rib but not rib pain??
Has anyone had this before? Is it possible to pull a muscle there and that's what I've done? The closest I've found to my symptoms is pericarditis but the nature of it just seems out of the blue and I don't have a fever and I'm not sweating
doctor call the doctor if it has been going on for a day
Reply 2
Yep id go to a doctor. I wouldnt really trust the diagnosis of strangers online
You need to go to a doctor.

I don’t wish to alarm you but it could be very serious, varying from something as dangerous as angina / mini(silent) heart attack (even f you’re young) to something relatively benign such as indigestion - though even frequent indigestion should be investigated - as it could be a sign of some gastrointestinal issue.

If the pain radiates to your arm or neck call an ambulance immediately.

I suffer from similar symptoms once in a while and it was due to a heart murmur (though I’ve always had this since birth).
Reply 4
Thank you guys for your responses, I'm going to look further into it and go to the doctors x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending