Are these btecs for sixthform good?? Watch

Neglectedchicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As i didn't achieve the minimum requirements for a levels I have to do btecs, I chosen level 3 applied science (worth 2 a levels) and criminology level 3 (worth 1 a level) Are these a levels good for university if i am for D*D*D* as I want to go and study Law LLB in a good university, do btecs limit my chances and are these btecs suitable,respected?

**Looking at studying at UEA or liverpool, or is that a laugh with these subjects
DarthRoar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BTECs are not very respected. You will be able to go to a university, maybe even studying law, but it wont be what most consider a 'good' uni.

To be honest, only the worst and most desperate of universities will accept a student with BTECs in Criminology and Applied Science to study law.
Neglectedchicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
They're all I am allowed to study, Is there still chance I am looking at studying Law possibly at Liverpool or University of East anglia and there requirements state they accept BTECS
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Neglectedchicken)
They're all I am allowed to study, Is there still chance I am looking at studying Law possibly at Liverpool or University of East anglia and there requirements state they accept BTECS
Hi there

You might want to talk to our Admissions Team about your questions as they should be able to help you with your query. Either [email protected] or 01603591515.

Hope that helps and please let me know if you need anymore help!
Heidi
caitlin.durrant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
if they say they accept BTECs then there should be nothing wrong with your options. The only thing i would say about universities and BTECs is that some of the top universities such as Cambridge don't accept them due to the types of skills required to get good grades in them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (420)
43.8%
No (100)
10.43%
I'm not old enough (439)
45.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed