drgnslyrvic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I’ve finally concluded that I want to study a game design / technology course at uni. The question is whether to apply to York or Portsmouth as my first choice. I loved the look of the Portsmouth course and the uni itself was quite nice but York has an interactive media course which I believe is along the same lines. I’m not sure whether that would be better to apply to since it’s higher on the league tables?

Would going to York over Portsmouth for this degree type matter in terms of employment? I know Portsmouth is big on helping find jobs but once again I’m not sure whether York being higher on the league tables would impact me at all?

In terms of grades I got AAA at AS and am hoping for at least AAD* (the btec being in CGI) at A2 so hopefully I could get an offer from either 🤷*♀️

Thanks for any help
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by drgnslyrvic)
So I’ve finally concluded that I want to study a game design / technology course at uni. The question is whether to apply to York or Portsmouth as my first choice. I loved the look of the Portsmouth course and the uni itself was quite nice but York has an interactive media course which I believe is along the same lines. I’m not sure whether that would be better to apply to since it’s higher on the league tables?

Would going to York over Portsmouth for this degree type matter in terms of employment? I know Portsmouth is big on helping find jobs but once again I’m not sure whether York being higher on the league tables would impact me at all?

In terms of grades I got AAA at AS and am hoping for at least AAD* (the btec being in CGI) at A2 so hopefully I could get an offer from either 🤷*♀️

Thanks for any help
No - where you go doesn't really matter for a field like games design/technology.

Go to the uni that offers the course that appeals to you the most.
drgnslyrvic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
No - where you go doesn't really matter for a field like games design/technology.

Go to the uni that offers the course that appeals to you the most.
Awesome thank you so much! Portsmouth it is then ☺️
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
York 100%! It's such a good university, Portsmouth is pretty shocking and their CS department seems not great at all. If you have the grades for York go for it, you'll get a far better education.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.99%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.36%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.37%
I'm really nervous (59)
20.27%

Watched Threads