The Student Room Group

Dodgy Newspaper Article - Opinions??

What does everybody think of this article? Personally, I don't like it as it completely takes away all the hard work we've put in this year.

Original post by az2031
What does everybody think of this article? Personally, I don't like it as it completely takes away all the hard work we've put in this year.

This is the daily mail isn't it. Liz Jones is a rather bitter weather worn journalist who kikes to wind people up. I remember a few years ago she wrote a horrible piece about a guy who died from AIDS and was subsequently shot down for it. The mail is known for its small mindedness.

I remember my kids getting their gcse results and yes we were all overacting and crying and it was great. As parents we metaphorically do thesecexams with you and your achievements reflect on us.

Ignore this woman who incidently famously has no children of her own. And well done if you got your results this week. As a parent let me tell you when you get your a levels and a place at university we will be auditioning for an Oscar!
Reply 2
Wow it's like she's trying to push the boundaries of how wrong and out of touch a single article can be.

The part that really pisses me off is when she calls worrying "a pointless exercise given that universities are hoovering up anyone with an E in woodwork".
...People don't go to university for the sake of just being at university. Nor is every university or every course the same.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by squeakysquirrel
This is the daily mail isn't it. Liz Jones is a rather bitter weather worn journalist who kikes to wind people up. I remember a few years ago she wrote a horrible piece about a guy who died from AIDS and was subsequently shot down for it. The mail is known for its small mindedness.

I remember my kids getting their gcse results and yes we were all overacting and crying and it was great. As parents we metaphorically do thesecexams with you and your achievements reflect on us.

Ignore this woman who incidently famously has no children of her own. And well done if you got your results this week. As a parent let me tell you when you get your a levels and a place at university we will be auditioning for an Oscar!

Oh my gosh! This is such a lovely reply. She pulls this kind of stunt frequently then? I found it a horrible article and the similes she uses....urgh! My parents are very proud and I’m only too happy to let the people that mean most to show their emotions, does Miss Jones want robo-parents? 😂

Thanks again, such a lovely message!
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
Wow it's like she's trying to push the boundaries of how wrong and out of touch a single article can be

It just gets worse by the line. Comparing GCSE students to those involved in shootings...? Undermines both parties and is frankly cruel

Quick Reply

Latest