The Student Room Group

A-Level Priority Remarks 2018

Still waiting.....
Reply 1
AQA?
Original post by Compost
AQA?

Yeah :frown:, just wanted to see how priority remarks were going with everyone else as well
Reply 3
Original post by HippoRhino3
Yeah :frown:, just wanted to see how priority remarks were going with everyone else as well

AQA are much the slowest. We had 3 done one after another for a student with Edexcel: submit, result, submit, result, submit, better grade by Friday 24 August (and did the same last year with OCR) but still have yet to get some AQA ones put in on 16 August.
Original post by Compost
AQA are much the slowest. We had 3 done one after another for a student with Edexcel: submit, result, submit, result, submit, better grade by Friday 24 August (and did the same last year with OCR) but still have yet to get some AQA ones put in on 16 August.

Any idea why AQA take longer, when did people hear back last year?

they are also hesistant to change marks. i hate them
Reply 6

They're not as automated as other boards and still distribute a lot of stuff by snail mail - if you request a priority script it comes back about 5 days later in the post, whereas with Edexcel it's an instant download and it takes about 24 hours for it to be available on OCR. Last year we had one that went in around 1030 on Results Day morning and didn't come back until September - shocking.

Their slowness is losing people university places and they really need to up their game.
Original post by Compost
They're not as automated as other boards and still distribute a lot of stuff by snail mail - if you request a priority script it comes back about 5 days later in the post, whereas with Edexcel it's an instant download and it takes about 24 hours for it to be available on OCR. Last year we had one that went in around 1030 on Results Day morning and didn't come back until September - shocking.

Their slowness is losing people university places and they really need to up their game.

wow, september? bit worrying....
of course it has to be AQA :frown: sent at 1130 on the day, do you think it will take that long or is that the exception?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
wow, september? bit worrying....
of course it has to be AQA :frown: sent at 1130 on the day, do you think it will take that long or is that the exception?

It's the exception (and longer than the supposedly limit) - we've had most of our priority requests back and a non-priority one came back in 3 days - but they are still shown up by the other boards.
Original post by Compost
It's the exception (and longer than the supposedly limit) - we've had most of our priority requests back and a non-priority one came back in 3 days - but they are still shown up by the other boards.

thanks very much, you've been a massive help :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Compost

I currently need 1 mark for Biology and 2 marks for Chemistry to get into my firm, after sending in all the papers, in your experience, do you think that it is quite unlikely?
I currently need 1 mark for Biology and 2 marks for Chemistry to get into my firm, after sending in all the papers, in your experience, do you think that it is quite unlikely?

i need 1 mark in physics to get an A, i sent off two papers and they came back exactly the same. I still sent off the other two because its just 1mark ya know?

Mots don't change - but some do. Just hope.

Quick Reply

Latest