The Student Room Group

Borderline grades good enough for Cambridge?

My PUM results for AS are :
Biology - 84
Physics - 90
Chemistry - 92
Mathematics - 92

I hope to apply for Engineering in Cambridge.
The problem is I've been hearing that the average grade that Cambridge accepts is 95 and that only students with grades of 93 and above gets pooled.
I know I have met the bare minimum requirement for an interview, but I'm worried that my Maths and Physics aren't good enough and I will get out-competed.

In case this information is important, I will also be doing Further Maths A-levels.
Original post by FoxNuke
My PUM results for AS are :
Biology - 84
Physics - 90
Chemistry - 92
Mathematics - 92

I hope to apply for Engineering in Cambridge.
The problem is I've been hearing that the average grade that Cambridge accepts is 95 and that only students with grades of 93 and above gets pooled.
I know I have met the bare minimum requirement for an interview, but I'm worried that my Maths and Physics aren't good enough and I will get out-competed.

In case this information is important, I will also be doing Further Maths A-levels.

It’s an average, many people get below that.
The figure for pooling is for the automatic pool, i.e. guaranteed to get into the pool regardless but if your interviewers like you just don’t have space in their college then you can still get put into the pool.

Entrance exams are important now that AS doesn’t really mean a lot so try a practice one online and then apply. You get 5 uni options and with those marks you are sure to get some of those so it is often better to apply and know the answer than wonder what if.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending