The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,I am considering to apply for Leicester Medicine 5 year course 2019 entry. I have a question regarding Medicine selection process. Do they offer Medicine places purely based on MMI interview outcome or both Interview and Academic / Non-Academic achievements? I could not able to get answer from their web page / FAQ.

Did any of you attended Leicester Medicine open day, please comment / share your understanding.
Reply 2
I am interested in leicester medical school for 2019 entry. looking for some information here.
I’m considering applying to the university of Leicester for Medicine Here are my stats

Gcse
Chemistry-A*
Maths -B
Biology -A*
English lit-B
English lan -C
Physics -A
French-B
Religious studies-A*
History-A
business-B

A levels prediction
Chemistry-A*
Biology-A
Psychology -A*
History-A

UKCAT 699

I have done work experience in hospitals and pharmacies Also volunteered at orphanages and hospitals abroad Will it be worth applying?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Janelle__.
I’m considering applying to the university of Leicester for Medicine Here are my stats

Gcse
Chemistry-A*
Maths -B
Biology -A*
English lit-B
English lan -C
Physics -A
French-B
Religious studies-A*
History-A
business-B

A levels prediction
Chemistry-A*
Biology-A
Psychology -A*
History-A

UKCAT 699

I have done work experience in hospitals and pharmacies Also volunteered at orphanages and hospitals abroad Will it be worth applying?

Have you scored yourself on Leicester scoring document?

UKCAT and GCSE academic achievement is weighted 50/50. A strong performance in one can compensate for a lower performance in the other.

The application scoring document can be accessed from this link https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/medicine/applying/scoring

A score of 54 for 2018 entry secured an interview. The cut off appeared to be within 53.5 scorers.
Reply 5
Hi, i was wondering any applicant at or above 53.5 invited for an interview in 2018 entry? Admssion office told that all applicant scored 53.5 invited for interview?thanks
Reply 6
I have an impression that graduate and school leavers at Leicester medical school are considered equally for places after success in interview. There are no certain number of graduates or school leaver places. is this true?
I’m looking at Leicester. They have an open day this coming Saturday (8th September)

My profile is:

GCSEs: 10A*s, 1 A (German)
A-Level predictions: A*, A*, A
EPQ: no grade as yet
UKCAT: 675 band 2
Work experience: 3 days in hospital, local charity volunteering with disabled children, NHS Foundation Trust volunteering with the elderly. Family business - various tasks, flu jab clinic, stable yard management
Extra curricular: Biology year prize, 1st in school essay competition, Cambridge masterclass, cricket, horse riding, school choir
Reply 8
Original post by khangee
I have an impression that graduate and school leavers at Leicester medical school are considered equally for places after success in interview. There are no certain number of graduates or school leaver places. is this true?

As far as I am aware that is correct.
Reply 9
Original post by khangee
Hi, i was wondering any applicant at or above 53.5 invited for an interview in 2018 entry? Admssion office told that all applicant scored 53.5 invited for interview?thanks

The admissions statistics confirming that are here. The score of 53.5 was for school leaver undergrad applicants

https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/medicine/applying/admissions-statistics

The application scoring document can be accessed from this link https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/medicine/applying/scoring

A score of 54 for 2018 entry secured an interview. The cut off appeared to be within 53.5 scorers.
About to start 3 year of medical genetics degree.
I have a score of 54 (if I get a 1st class prediction)! Is it worth applying here?
Reply 11
Original post by timmyboi98
About to start 3 year of medical genetics degree.
I have a score of 54 (if I get a 1st class prediction)! Is it worth applying here?

If you access the admissions stats (the first link in my previous post) the cut off for uk grads was 50.5 last year, so you would have easily got an interview.
Original post by meddad
If you access the admissions stats (the first link in my previous post) the cut off for uk grads was 50.5 last year, so you would have easily got an interview.

Oh sorry ok just seen this!
So everyone with a score of 50.5 or above was guaranteed an interview last year?
Do you reckon it will be similar for this year too?
Reply 13
Original post by timmyboi98
Oh sorry ok just seen this!
So everyone with a score of 50.5 or above was guaranteed an interview last year?
Do you reckon it will be similar for this year too?

If you read the information at the bottom of the link, it basically says that some people with that score were interviewed, with everybody above that score. Whether that's the same this year depends on the scores of those applying, but if the scoring method hasn't changed it's likely to only vary by a point at most (based on my experience)

As a precaution though you should double check whether the scoring process has changed. Google search Leicester Medical School A100 Scoring of Applications 2018 and you should find the process for last year.
Original post by Sella
Hi All,
Tread is launched for discussing the Leicester 5-year medicine 2019 entry discussion.

Does Leicester conduct all its interviews for shortlisted candidates in the UK? Are interviews for international applicants conducted overseas in say Singapore or elsewhere?
Original post by MontyMedic
I’m looking at Leicester. They have an open day this coming Saturday (8th September)

My profile is:

GCSEs: 10A*s, 1 A (German)
A-Level predictions: A*, A*, A
EPQ: no grade as yet
UKCAT: 675 band 2
Work experience: 3 days in hospital, local charity volunteering with disabled children, NHS Foundation Trust volunteering with the elderly. Family business - various tasks, flu jab clinic, stable yard management
Extra curricular: Biology year prize, 1st in school essay competition, Cambridge masterclass, cricket, horse riding, school choir

FML and am competing with you.. ha life can’t get any worse.
Reply 16
Original post by chateau55
Does Leicester conduct all its interviews for shortlisted candidates in the UK? Are interviews for international applicants conducted overseas in say Singapore or elsewhere?

I suggest you to contact admission office for accurate information.
Reply 17
Original post by chateau55
Does Leicester conduct all its interviews for shortlisted candidates in the UK? Are interviews for international applicants

conducted overseas in say Singapore or elsewhere?

I have checked they conduct only in UK
Thank you
Hi ALl- is Leicester any good with following stats:
(Scottish student):
N5-7As
Higher- 3A and 2B
Adv Higher - 4 A(predicted)
ukcat -640 avg

or any other uni?

Many thanks in advance. Cheers.

Latest