The Student Room Group

Repeating year 12, help!

So I am repeating year 12 in a different college, I’ve been doing really badly in biology all year but I am adamant in taking it because this year i know if I try hard I’ll get a good grade. I was doing ocr and will now be doing aqa which I prefer. My question is, will my old sixth form tell my new college at how badly I’ve been doing all year? And if they do will this mean my college will not allow me to take it ? As my GCSEs meet their entry requirements and I find it unfair if they don’t let me take it again since I was struggling with mental health issues and that’s why my performance was poor
Original post by nicolegrace1207
So I am repeating year 12 in a different college, I’ve been doing really badly in biology all year but I am adamant in taking it because this year i know if I try hard I’ll get a good grade. I was doing ocr and will now be doing aqa which I prefer. My question is, will my old sixth form tell my new college at how badly I’ve been doing all year? And if they do will this mean my college will not allow me to take it ? As my GCSEs meet their entry requirements and I find it unfair if they don’t let me take it again since I was struggling with mental health issues and that’s why my performance was poor

If your new sixth form asks for a reference, then yeah, they might put it down - but equally, if the school knows about your MH history then they should also put that down as well.

Quick Reply

Latest