The Student Room Group

Helppppp

This will be my third time sitting the UKCAT on Thursday .... I am still only around 600 which is so annoying as I have prepared so much for it AGAIN 😩...
Have you followed advice people have given across all the UKCAT threads to help you improve?
What do you struggle with most?
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
Have you followed advice people have given across all the UKCAT threads to help you improve?
What do you struggle with most?

Yes I have looked on YouTube, on here and I even went on a Kaplan course 🙁. I struggle the most with the longer questions that require you to read more to find the answer. I feel like I spend too much time on them and end up getting it wrong anyway! I have never finished a VR section...
Original post by Pallett123
Yes I have looked on YouTube, on here and I even went on a Kaplan course 🙁. I struggle the most with the longer questions that require you to read more to find the answer. I feel like I spend too much time on them and end up getting it wrong anyway! I have never finished a VR section...

Read the question first and skim the passage.
When you start to reach the end and have 30 seconds left, guess all the remaining questions(go all A,B,C or D rather than a mixture) to ensure you have at least an answer
Reply 4
Read the question first and skim the passage.
When you start to reach the end and have 30 seconds left, guess all the remaining questions(go all A,B,C or D rather than a mixture) to ensure you have at least an answer

Ahhh ok, I think I struggle with the context .... I am too busy rushing to find the answer than actually understanding what I am reading ... I think it’s a nerves thing.. 🙁 thank you!
How long before the exam did you start revising? How many hours did you put in each day for UKCAT practice?
Ahhh ok, I think I struggle with the context .... I am too busy rushing to find the answer than actually understanding what I am reading ... I think it’s a nerves thing.. 🙁 thank you!

Maybe try and calm your nerves down. If a passage doesn't make sense to you then skip it
Reply 7
Original post by Grade A
How long before the exam did you start revising? How many hours did you put in each day for UKCAT practice?

I started mid July and my test is on 2 days. I started doing 2 hours a day and the last 2 weeks I have done 3-4 hours a day looking at every section each day
Reply 8
Maybe try and calm your nerves down. If a passage doesn't make sense to you then skip it

Ok will do! Thank you!! 😁
(edited 5 years ago)
I started mid July and my test is on 2 days. I started doing 2 hours a day and the last 2 weeks I have done 3-4 hours a day looking at every section each day

I've seen videos where really smart Cambridge students even admitted that they needed 6 weeks to prepare, putting in 2 hours a day. And these students were very effective with time. Therefore, I would think normal students need to start at least 2 months before the exam, doing 2 hours minimum a day, to get a score above 700.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending