The Student Room Group

I am stuck on what to do

I don't knoe if I should go to my school sixth form or go to a sixth form college
depends on what you want. if you want new friends, a new environment move. if not stay if you think you'll be more comfortable .
Reply 2
Original post by lollypenguin
depends on what you want. if you want new friends, a new environment move. if not stay if you think you'll be more comfortable .

Apparently in collages teachers dont help you with your work, is that true?
not necessarily. depends tho if its a large college then most likely you wont. i went to a college for 3 months and hated it then moved to a sixth form and love it.
Original post by Anonymous
Apparently in collages teachers dont help you with your work, is that true?
Reply 4
In the same position but it’s completely dependent on who you are and what you are more suited to. A sixth form is smaller, you know the people at your school and you’re familiar with the area whereas another college is bigger, more informal, less rules etc.
Reply 5
not necessarily. depends tho if its a large college then most likely you wont. i went to a college for 3 months and hated it then moved to a sixth form and love it.

This is why am stuck tbh am worried that I wont get as much support in college and I hste being in my school sixth form
Reply 6
I think it will always vary from college to college and sixth form to sixth form. Traditionally sixth forms are more like schools where as colleges are more relaxed and you'll call tutors by their first name etc. I went to a college and had an incredible amount of suoport from my department. Primarily i went to a college because i wanted a change of scenary and didn't like the oppresive school environment. I do think you will be required to be a little bit more independent at college but for the most part the support is there if you ask for it.
go to a different sixth form?
This is why am stuck tbh am worried that I wont get as much support in college and I hste being in my school sixth form
Reply 8
go to a different sixth form?

Wbu a sixth form.college?
I don't knoe if I should go to my school sixth form or go to a sixth form college

i'd go somewhere new but where some of my mates are going too
school is always better
school is always better

depends cos if you don't like your teachers or just the school or want something new, going to a sixth form collage (with some people you know) is the thing to do
The part am worried about is that if I will get support on my workn in my sixth form college
At bigger colleges you should still be supported by your teachers, but it may be that it ends up being an issue you bring to them rather than vice-versa (since there'll be more of a focus on you being independent and taking responsibility for your learning, etc etc.), while in school sixth forms teachers are likely to chase you up a bit more about everything you're doing to make sure you're on top of your work.

In terms of (just) your worry, if you feel like you'd struggle to ask for, or know when you need, help then staying at school may suit your needs a bit better. If not, college could also be a great place to go! :smile:
Wbu a sixth form.college?

not sure about that tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending