The Student Room Group

Starting year 11

So I'm starting year 11 in September and to be quite honest.. I'm scared. I did my mocks back in June and I've done pretty bad on them and I feel like I've messed up year 10 completely. I want to do well in my proper exams due to family expectations. My parents said they'd be proud of me no matter what.. but that just doesn't seem enough for me. 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 1
There's always time to turn it around. Trust me, if you do your best (within your physical ans mental limits) you wont care what your results are because you'll know you've done your best.

There's no worse feeling than getting your exam results and wondering what if you'd applied yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by Gus_4
There's always time to turn it around. Trust me, if you do your best (within your physical ans mental limits) you wont care what your results are because you'll know you've done your best.

There's no worse feeling than getting your exam results and wondering what if you'd applied yourself.

You do have a point. That's a good way of looking at the situation. Thank you so much !
Reply 3
I messed up ur 10 aswell but I managed to pass all my GCSE's. Just got them back last Thursday. All u need for GCSE's is honesty with yourself and common sense if you work really hard in yr11 u will not only pass but u will exceed your expectations. Good luck. X
Reply 4
Also mocks don't mean jack I didn't pass a single mock. Just focus massively on ur weakest areas and give urself time for revision
Personally I did sh*t in year 10 and picked it all up in year11. There is always time.

Quick Reply

Latest