Starting Uni in a couple of weeks how do I meet girls?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a shy and anxious 20 year old guy. I am not really facing any issues other then that. I am decent looking I guess and I try to be presentable. But I don't really get out much. My one road block is my shyness. I can't look people in the eye no matter how hard I try to. The idea of approaching a girl is the scariest thing and I have always managed to talk my self out of it because it feels like such a steep mountain to climb. I am fine with girls once I get to know them in a relaxed atmosphere. I get on with girls better then guys then but I am not your confident loud guy who can charge into a group of girls and chat them up. What can I do? I have a good sense of humor at least.
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a shy and anxious 20 year old guy. I am not really facing any issues other then that. I am decent looking I guess and I try to be presentable. But I don't really get out much. My one road block is my shyness. I can't look people in the eye no matter how hard I try to. The idea of approaching a girl is the scariest thing and I have always managed to talk my self out of it because it feels like such a steep mountain to climb. I am fine with girls once I get to know them in a relaxed atmosphere. I get on with girls better then guys then but I am not your confident loud guy who can charge into a group of girls and chat them up. What can I do? I have a good sense of humor at least.
Societies.. Sports.. Tutorials.. uni is full of situations where you'll have to speak to a girl about something that's not the pressured ' making a play ' or whatever and instead some topic that'll get you to know them
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
:beerglass:

Works for me...
sandytablet
Badges: 20
Report 2 years ago
walk over to a girl and say "hi, my name is *x*"

na, but like others have said, join societies and stuff. you'll meet girls naturally as you do your lectures and stuff, and also as you move into the halls.
patrycja2017
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm starting uni too! I'm a girl by the way and I'm a little shy but I'm more worried about freshers; everyone's said that's the best place to meet someone and make friends but I'm not sure I'm a type of person that likes parties that much. If I was you I'd just be yourself ; if you like a girl, talk to her just simply say hey and see where it goes from there, it could go really well or not, you never know
Slflay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Stereotypical but true, just be yourself. I swear I was an anxious mess at uni, soon as I met friends who I relate with and started doing stuff other than just class I started to be more myself. Got a few dates not long after that, society's and meeting people in the mac lab (computer room we would just sit and hang in).
Just get settled in and start to do society and stuff and find places to hang out. I'm sure you will do fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.44%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.67%
Not bothered either way (33)
12.99%
I'm really nervous (48)
18.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed