My girlfriend is controlling me with my gaming Watch

gamelover1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay, I’m so pissed. LIKE. PISSED. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 10 months now and I’m proud to say that my relationship with her has been the best so far. But just recently, I messed up and made her angry. I love to play games constantly and just recently, I failed to let her know that I’m going to play. I understand her point and why she’s upset but I honestly don’t like it when my partner is controlling especially with my gaming time. I don’t know how to feel about this. Do Latina ladies always approach strong when it comes to relationships?
Charliefen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gamelover1)
Okay, I’m so pissed. LIKE. PISSED. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 10 months now and I’m proud to say that my relationship with her has been the best so far. But just recently, I messed up and made her angry. I love to play games constantly and just recently, I failed to let her know that I’m going to play. I understand her point and why she’s upset but I honestly don’t like it when my partner is controlling especially with my gaming time. I don’t know how to feel about this. Do Latina ladies always approach strong when it comes to relationships?
You have just said you like to play games constantly, so that gives the impression you don't have time for a relationship. I can see why she is upset, if you want to play games all the time then she will be wondering why you are in a relationship. I don't think you should have to tell her when you are playing games, but if it is getting to the point where she barely sees you or spends time with you then you may need to think about what you really want. I'm a gamer myself, but wouldn't expect my boyfriend to stay with me if I just want to play games all the time and not do anything with him.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
You need to get a life. She can do better than you.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gamelover1)
You're in the wrong. You cannot expect to have a happy relationship when you're "constantly" playing games. When are you going to give your girlfriend some time?

Sure it's fine for you to play, but you need to balance your time and give her time too. The relationship won't last if you prioritise gaming over her, and especially if you're constantly gaming.
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's perfectly possible to play video games as your primary hobby and have a successful relationship.

Why did she get upset at you not telling her you were going to play a game? Did the two of you have plans? Was she waiting on you to do something with her?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You have to have a balance if you want a girlfriend. My partner loves gaming, and it has upset me in the past, but we have come to a happy compromise now. It was weird because he was used to gaming for hours and hours after work when he was with his previous partner - but they were living together and hadn't been getting on, so he used it as an escape, and it just took him a while to get a healthy balance with our (currently very good) relationship.

One problem is that if you're gaming, you're probably completely absorbed, so you won't be responding to texts. If you hadn't told her you were gaming, she might not understand why you weren't replying, and could think she'd done something wrong. My partner and I live together now so I know when he's gaming, but before I moved in he would always drop me a text to say he was going to game for a bit, and that meant he would be slow replying - but I should FaceTime him later and we could have a chat.

Now that we live together, I use gaming to my advantage. He goes online when I'm going to see my parents or if I'm meeting up with a friend. He hates pretty much everything I like to watch on TV, so I tend to record my shows and watch them a couple of evenings a week for a few hours - at which point he goes online. Or if I have work to do he'll go online to give me some peace.

Other than that, if we're at home, we sit downstairs together and talk, eat or watch films/shows we both like.

You just have to find a balance that you're both happy with, and if you're not happy with what she wants, then you have to decide whether you would prefer to keep her, or play your game more.

I can tell you right now, being made to feel second best to a computer screen is horrible. If you truly care for her, you won't want her to feel that way.
WaffleApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What the ****? How can you prioritise gaming over a Latina lady? Man surely you can find something more ‘fun’ to do together 😅
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So who is really controlling you? The games or your partner...lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.68%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (83)
35.47%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.34%

Watched Threads

Latest